If you're reading this, you should know..

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Serena, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

.. that the world is a better place because YOU are in it.

That you are valuable, important and WORTH IT.

That you have made a difference in someone's life even though you might not even realize it. That person who dropped some of her groceries and you absently bent over to pick some up and handed it to her, you didn't even make eye contact or say anything, but you gave her some time and proved she was worth something because you cared enough to give her some of your time. The person who was having a really bad day and felt like everything was falling apart, you said something that made her laugh, or you complimented her on something, or you told her you liked her comments and made her feel valuable and worth something, or you did SOMETHING that you probably don't even realize that made her decide NOT to give up.

You did that. I know you did, because you're reading this and you're important.

For all those times that you take care of someone. For all those times that you quietly do something for someone so that they can have a better day or so they can relax. For all those times you helped someone when they were sick. For all those times that you've gone to take a shower to hide your tears so your friends/family wouldn't be worried or upset. For all those times you've done you're all and still gotten "I hate you! You're ruining my life!" or something similar but you've kept going. For all the times you've been brave even though you're terrified because you didn't want your family/friends to be afraid.

For all those times, thank you. Thank you for making a difference in this world. For caring.

If you're reading this, you should know that someone cares about you. You should know I'm rooting for you. You should know I believe in you.

If you're reading this, you should know that I never want you to give up. That I want you to remember 1 Negative = 2 Positives. That I want you to succeed. You should know that you're amazing for everything that you do even if no one knows that it was you doing it.

If you're reading this, you should know that you mean something.

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

XO Serena. You mean something to each and every person's life you touch with your uplifting positivity , friendship and smile. Hugs my dear! Thank you for being my friend!!

Serena likes this.
  3. Serena

::HUGS for her Christa!:: Always! I'm lucky to have you as my friend as well! <3 Thank you for that, seriously.

cfile likes this.
  4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Aww!! Right back at ya!! <3

Serena likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's so awesome!! You are such a wonderful spirit! You touch so many with your words and your kindness. TLP and the world are definitely better because you are here! Your posts always make me smile. Thank you!!

Serena likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

The world needs more of this sweet Serena. Truly.

I love these posts you start ... it's like opening up a little secret surprise letter from a friend. And at the end of reading it, you just feel all warm and happy inside. But the best part is that it is for everyone to share. Not just something between two people ... it's like a happy mail for all.

You are such a gem.:bk

Serena likes this.
  7. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Thank you! I am so glad u are at the pad! Thank you!

Serena likes this.
  8. Serena

@bbymks5 <3<3<3! I love your new siggi, Timmi! It's so cute and adorable!!

@IntenseMagic Thank you, Jan! That means a lot. I've been struggling a LOT myself lately and figure I'm not the only one who needs to hear words like these! Thank you for sharing the smiles, I'm glad I can, you deserve LOTS of smiles!

@jenn mccabe You always have the best words too, thanks for always making me feel special and helping to be a part of something I finally feel I belong in! <3 ::HUG::

@jagruti patel My sweet lady! Always thinking of you, hoping you are doing well!

I hope everyone is doing well and finds a reason to smile this weekend! Lots of love!!

bbymks5 likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What Jenn said!
    I totally look at the title, and go 'oh! I wonder what this is!' every time. Because I know it'll be something that will make me smile.

And now, I'll stop mentally grumbling about tonight. Because you have convinced me to change my attitude.

Serena likes this.
  10. Serena

Awwww! Courtney!!! @bestcee I'm cheering you on for tonight, I'm there with you in spirit! When you're feeling particularly down or grumpy, picture me doing some dumb dance or something to cheer you up! :D Or hear me tell a REALLY bad joke..

"What's the capital of Ohio?" "O!"

bestcee likes this.
  11. bestcee

@Serena Bad jokes are a specialty here!
    What do you call a wizard in a frathouse?

highlight----> an abracadabro

Serena likes this.
  12. Serena

@bestcee Oh my Gosh!! I'm TOTALLY using that on my teenager! She's the Pun Queen so I've tried to 'retaliate' using really lame jokes. You know, since puns are kinda her thing. Albeit sometimes I cannot resist and end up punning right back at her.

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

Maybe you can print these and stick them in her backpack for lunchtime?
    [​IMG]

Meredith78 and Serena like this.
  14. bestcee

@Serena I forgot to tag you above!

Serena likes this.
  15. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

@Serena I was thinking of making another one with the newest BYOC stuff LOL!

Serena likes this.
  16. Serena

@bestcee I heart you SO much! I've seen that so many times but it never dawned on me to print and plant it! <3<3<3!! I'm TOTALLY doing that, I'll update you on when she answers! LOL!!

bestcee likes this.
  17. Serena

I have a soft spot for cute little animals! I really like your current but am interested in what you make. :D I really need to make a new siggie as well. Soon!

18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Ah you always bring a smile to my face @Serena. What is round on both ends and high in the middle?
    Ohio

My son loves puns also and has told me many of the ones that @bestcee posted. So punny.

Serena and bestcee like this.
  19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I love all the positivity! The world needs more of that.

Serena and bestcee like this.
  20. Serena

@BevG I never get tired of telling her to go to her room, that she is now pun-ished. Or "that wasn't very punny." with a "not amused" look on my face. I've gotten REALLY good at keeping a poker face when the kids do something hilarious but are in trouble so shifting it over to "that pun was funny and I think you're clever and cute but I'm not going to show it" was easy. hehe

@bcgal00 Yes!!! :yesss:yippee So much this! The world is SOOOO quick to spew negatives and every day we're bombarded by news that focuses on negatives and media that literally uses scare mongering tactics to get viewers even though it's fake! I actually considered at one point to start making a youtube channel "news" show that was me telling news from around the world that I literally picked and pulled out of the very small places that harbor POSITIVE news. Like "Hey! Did you know in Sweden today a squirrel saved a baby from falling into something?" or something to that effect. (fake news, didn't happen that I know of, just an example." and I'd have links and photos and citings and whatnot. Just because I want things to balance out and not have us inundated with so much negative.

Anyway, off my soap box, sorry!! Lol! :carryon

bcgal00 likes this.