if you are typing your journal cards...

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by Gina, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Gina

Gina Some women fear the fire. Some women become it.

.. are you sticking with the same font throughout your entire album? I feel like I want to change it up but will that look funny if I have 3 cards in a row? I think I am over-thinking this. :giggle

2. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I have struggled with this too...I used my own handwriting on all my cards last year so I am doing the same this year with the exception of some type font here and there. I like things to be uniform, although that's the total opposite of my life :giggle

3. Gina

Exactly. :lol I feel like a mish mash of cluttered fonts suits me better. :giggle I actually just did the cards for this past week and stuck with Century Gothic. I think it looks pretty cool. I am gonna post them on my Blog hopefully tomorrow!

4. Dana

Dana Dana

i think i'm going to use mainly heather's typewriter fonts + some handwritten stuff mixed in ... last year i hand wrote all of mine and i really hate it LOL! i used the amber kit - so now that those cards are available digitally i'm going to redo all my journaling (in all of my free time LOL!!) - i will probably use the font i had made out of my own handwriting - so they will still be 'my' handwriting - only better. (my last year's album is as basic as basic can be - 100% normal kit with no extras ... i'm going to be more adventurous this year ;) )

5. Dana

Dana Dana

and i can't wait for you blog post gina! hurry !! LOL!

6. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I'm probably going to do a little bit of everything since this is my first time anyways. I will most likely stick with the same journaling font but will prolly switch it up here and there, to express excitement or whatever :giggle

7. mishou

mishou mishou

i had to think about this a lot too.
    so far i've decided that every 2-page spread must have the same writing style because my brain needs that visual consistency when i look at the two pages together. but when i turn the page to the next spread, i'm fine with it being different so i'm freeing myself to change it up with each spread if/when i feel like it. i just know myself too well and i get bored easy so i can't restrict myself or i'll go bananas
    :byay

8. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

In my digital P365 I've kept the same font throughout the year and I like it that way. I won't be typing on my cards, because I enjoy handwriting on them, but if I were, I'd very likely keep the same font. You could maybe switch fonts if you have some other member of the family join in and contribute some thoughts.

9. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

This is me. Used the same font for my digital P365 but will do my own handwriting for the paper part of Project Life.

10. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

I think I'm just going to pick as I go...which is so not me! I think I'll stick to mostly a typewriter font, with some other thrown in throughout the year. :)

11. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

I tend to choose the same fonts mostly until I find a better favorite. I like fonts that you are able to read the journaling even when you have it small.

12. Gina

I did week one (two-page spread) using all Century Gothic. Nice and clean. :giggle I am not opposed to adding different fonts here and there though. Like Michele first said, my brain needs to see the same font per every two pages... but it's a fair game once you turn that page into a new week. :lol

13. Gina

Dana, I posted a day or two ago. Did you se it yet?! :D

14. ang517

ang517 New Member

I don't know yet! But I've been thinking about it too. I REALLY don't like my handwriting. In little bits it's fine and I can concentrate on keeping it neat but overall it's just a mess and I want to write more this year. I've done LOs with mixed fonts and I've liked them but this seems different. If I pick just one font there is no way I'll want to change it at some random point in the year if I get tired of it or just change my mind. SO I'm leaning towards keeping a font for each two page spread. So many decisions! I'm so excited but I feel like I can't get a true hold on this project til I have all the stuff in my hands and can really start working on it. Soon. Soon.