If I Only Had a Brain... | Pad Patter 07.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Jul 23, 2022.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

[​IMG]

So, this morning I go to make coffee - as I do every morning. Maybe because I got distracted by a few sugar ants on the counter, I failed to put the carafe into the coffee maker. I started the machine then went out to feed the birds. And came in to an awful mess! Coffee and coffee grinds everywhere!!! :cornfused

Have you ever had one of those moments...where you wonder....where is my brain???? :dizzy

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh, for sure!!! Let me count the ways....................my hubby and I "keep track" of the silly things we do. I went to pour water into the iced tea container I just made (my tea was too strong) and I totally missed the pitcher. I stood there and watched myself pour the water all over the counter. UGH. :banghead

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Before I answer...are you asking on a regular basis? a daily basis? or hourly basis? Because I can answer for all three LOL.

The coffee maker thing I have so many times I cannot count. I also do silly things like put the milk in the cupboard, leave items out of the fridge on the counter so they spoil (especially in the second fridge in the garage because its out of sight when I shut the door and step back into the kitchen).

I put things in places that at the time seem like a really good idea and will be easy to find later (nope, almost never).

Case in point...yesterday I almost gave my hubs a heart attack. We were filling out cruise forms on the app (Alaska cruise in 3 wks..yay) and one of the things is passport info. He used his passport a few wks ago when he went to the States and would have needed it to return across the border so it made it back into Canada but where did it go then? He said he gave it to me along with other papers but I had no memory of that. He checked the car and then we ransacked the house for about an hour. We were all so panicked b/c its a necessary document for the cruise and there wouldn't be enough time to get issued a new one. Yikes.

Finally when we were all miserable and about to give up (thinking I had tossed it with the recycling papers or something) I thankfully had a lightbulb moment and remembered that I had put a few things in a drawer in the guest bedroom...yes, there it was. WHEW!

So, yes, I have those moments all.the.time.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yup.
    I have several times put the pod in the Keurig, turned it on, and walked away...no cup.
    One time I put the cup under there upside down :giggle

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

As a matter of fact, just this morning I drove somewhere different than I meant to. Both are places I've parked for my morning walks, only about a mile apart, so I had just gotten on autopilot went to the wrong spot. It was a weird feeling though!

I can say I've never made that coffee mistake though! Because I've never made coffee in my life. :giggle I'm sorry if you come to my house and love coffee. I don't know how and don't have the supplies. I can treat you some great cookies or brownies though! :D

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My favorite thing (NOT) these days is walking into a room, not remembering the steps I took to get there, nor what I entered the room to get and/or do. I have to just stand there with my mouth hanging open, trying desperately to remember.

Last week, I was helping my mom, and I picked up her coffee cup to take it to the kitchen because it still had coffee in it, and she's still struggling to balance beverages and use the walker . . . so I **knew** there was coffee in it. I stopped by a chair on the way and picked up a pillow to fluff it and ended up pouring coffee over myself, the pillow, and all over the floor.

My brain is filled with too much stuff these days. I like to think of it as a hard drive. When it's full, you have to delete things, but some things can't be deleted, and then other things are overwritten until there are fragments all over the place. I need a new hard drive. **giggle**

BevG, michelepixels and Cath_ like this.
  7. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I started my Keurig and pushed the button for 10 ounces. Then I went to feed the cat and when I came back I again pushed the button for 10 ounces which of course didn't fit. The other trick is to push the button before I add the coffee pod. I'm glad we don't have cameras in our kitchens.

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I agree...no cameras...I don't need video proof of my kitchen flubs :)

wvsandy likes this.
  9. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I've done the coffee thing! Worse, I did it my first day at a new job because they had a Keurig and I'm used to a traditional style that just always has the carafe there. I knew how to work the Keurig, but I was distracted by all the things I needed to learn and do and just wasn't paying enough attention. Oops! I'm also a master of putting things away for safekeeping and then forgetting where I put them. I've finally learned to leave myself a note in my planner every time I put something in a "safe place." My planner is my external brain, and it has saved me so many times!

wvsandy likes this.
  10. ArmyGrl

I can't say I'm this bad :giggle. But goodness, I am like a child - so often I go to drink something but underestimate how much fluid is in the cup...all over me it goes when I go to take a drink.

wvsandy likes this.
  11. ArmyGrl

Too funny!!! And yes, I've put stuff in a 'safe' place only to forget where that 'safe' place is.

BevG likes this.
  12. ArmyGrl

You win the prize for this one! I have not done that (yet) :goldstars

13. ArmyGrl

Oh my gosh - I've done that before too. It usually happened on the weekend...I would take off in the direction of work when I was intending to go to the park or the store (both opposite directions). I'd get a few miles down the road and be like "what am I doing here?" It is a bizarre, disorienting feeling.

michelepixels likes this.
  14. ArmyGrl

Yes! I say all the time, "I have too many tabs open." :crazy3

gonewiththewind likes this.
  15. ArmyGrl

Bullet journaling has been a fantastic tool for me. Yep, external brain!!

rach3975 likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

:yesss
    In my defense, it was 5am and dark. I have since put a small puck light under the cabinet near the coffee pot :)

wvsandy likes this.
  17. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'm guilty of the above, and when I finally locate an item in it's "safe place" I then remember WHY I thought it was a great place to put said item telling myself I'd never forget where it was ...

I also do the walk into the room, can't remember what I was doing there, walk out, remember, walk back in, nope forgotten again ... lather, rinse repeat ... so annoying, LOL!!!

Ditto ... but I liken my brain to a filing cabinet ... over the years my file folders are overflowing, things get misfiled and I simply can't put my hands on the info I need right that moment.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Yes! I have made hot water instead of coffee before. I have forgotten to put the carafe in, but thankfully I was in the kitchen and I heard it pouring onto the counter.

I have been known to make several turnarounds because I just start driving and I guess I'm not thinking about where I'm going. Probably think 5 steps ahead. Kids give me a hard time about this.

19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So there was the time I put the knob falling off of the entertainment center in a "safe" place until I could get a longer screw -- that was 10+ years ago. Maybe some day it will show up.

This one took me awhile to figure out - I am smart that way. When putting out Christmas decorations, I would take down the ordinary things, including the regular hand soap dispenser. I used to hide the things in other places - and then could not find them later. Like about 3 years ago it occurred to me to put them in the empty Christmas boxes until I undecorated Christmas. Duh!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

GURL, EVERY SINGLE DAY!