Ideas for photobook?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by nessita, Aug 19, 2018.

1. nessita

nessita Well-Known Member

Hello,

my elder DD is turning 10 in the autumn. I have the idea to create her a digital photobook in C&S style. The main focus would be to make a memory about her present life. About friends, hobbies, etc.
    I would be happy to have any suggestion, idea from you. If you see (or created) a great photobook like that, share with me, please. Or if you just have any suggestion on kits, or anything else, it would be welcome :)

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

What a fun idea! Perhaps you could ask family members to write a quick note to her to share a little birthday greeting? You could scan or photograph the notes to include them in the book on a page with that family member (or friend). It could be small, almost like a little journal card to accompany the photo you want to highlight.

nessita likes this.
  3. nessita

Thank you, great idea! <3

Tree City likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That is such a fun idea!! I know she will love it!

I have not done something like this, but I think these templates would make a beautiful C&S album...they are 6x8 size, if you like that size
    [​IMG]

or these if you prefer the 12x12 size
    [​IMG]

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Lynne-Marie has these fabulous Press Play templates that focus on photos and journaling without a lot of embellishments. Here is an example:
    [​IMG]

You can search for Press Play in the search box in the store (do an advanced search for the "exact phrase") to see all these templates.

If a blocked design is more your style, then there is a whole category called Pocket Scrapping->Templates in the store with lots of options.

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

You didn't mention her hobbies, but there are several kits in the store around social media, hashtags, selfies, etc. Here are a few that come to mind:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Every year on my son's birthday I do a page layout. I include some of the same things like friends, favorites, and a photo of his room. The photo of his room has been the most telling of the changes over the years!

I think some journal cards like this could give you a great jumping off point for a book.
    [​IMG]

These you could fill out a few each month?
    [​IMG]

There's a beautiful example on this product! It would be simple, and beautiful.
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe and bellbird like this.
  8. nessita

Thank you all, ladies!
    @bestcee, love your idea! Thank you for sharing.
    @BevG, she loves dancing and music :) Love the kits you linked. TY!
    @HeatherB, @IntenseMagic, these templates are great ideas. Just make the work much effective :) I was already browsing among the goodies in the shop (vary many times), haven't seen these ones before.

bestcee, IntenseMagic and HeatherB like this.
  9. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I was thinking a top 10 list could be fun too - like her top movies/songs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For another kit idea, this is one of my favorites because we do a lot with music in our family too.
    [​IMG]

bellbird and BevG like this.
  10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love this idea!

You could do an "All About Me Album". I made an ABC one for my daughter when we adopted her. Each letter of the alphabet was a page and began with something about her.

BevG and Tree City like this.
  11. nessita

Thank you so much, girls! :heartslub