ID photos | pad patter 8.7.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I currently like my driver's license photo... but it really doesn't look much like me anymore. I had a really good hair day that day miraculously, but my have was highlighted, straight and short, now my hair is long and curly. Lol. I don't even remember what my passport photo looks like... haven't needed it in a LONG time.

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

here in Brazil, now we are alowed to smile for personal IDs photos but mine is from about 5 years ago, I was wearing bangs and I was a little bit tanned from summer, plus the horrible resolution from the document, I look like an indian. My boyfriend laughed so hard first time he saw it, I was so pissed off...now I don't let him see my ID LOL!!

but it's like a curse, every single photo I take for a document, is a disaster!! Once I read that if you really look like your passport picture, it's because you reaaally need that travel!!

keepscrappin and Christina W like this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I don't have a passport, but my driver's license is awful. It's way old to start off with. And then my hair is dark and the way I styled it, it looks like a wig. Most people look at me two or three times when checking my ID because I look so different.

Thank goodness, this year is the year to change that, so I'm hoping this one will turn out better.

The BEST photo ID I ever had was my university ID. I still have it in a scrapbook. LOL

keepscrappin and BevG like this.
  4. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

In Iowa, we can't smile for DL photos either. pretty much looks like a mug shot! Not even going to post it here, lol.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Ugh the no smiling in passports rule is a nightmare and very strictly enforced here at least. We all look totally murderous in ours.

6. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Oh my gosh @keepscrappin I love your idea for popping a smilie sticker over your ID! I wish I could do that with my drivers licence its a shocker and even the worst possible mugshot you could imagine. No word of a lie, one eye is slightly closed and my mouth must of been dry because it looks like my lip is slightly tucked up. Stop laughing I’m mortified because Ive had to carry this darned thing for the last 3 years with two more to go! (snort)
    :faint2

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We were told not smiling. We look so depressed! LOL!

All of my ID photos are horrible. My driver's license was taken while I was trying to grow out my hair after getting a pixie cut. My hubby jokes about it all the time. I sort of can't wait until I have to get a new one.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

My photo ids all look exactly the same, neither great or not great. Pretty much exactly the same as my avatar -- there is no question that it's me. LOL The hairstyles are all different, but because the color is too dark to see any detail of the styling, all the pictures are very similar.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

My photo IDs are always a disaster. But my best story on one of my work IDs was that I really looked pretty fantastic as long as you looked at the photo of me upside down. LOL.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Hmmm... upside down... now there’s an idea.

mcurtt likes this.
  11. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

About 9 years ago I lost almost 100 pounds, and had to get a new driver's license photo taken, as I had tried to buy whisky and the cashier told me I couldn't use my Mother's ID! I was pretty happy with the new id photo I got after that!
    However, the last 7 years I have gained back a good portion of that weight so my newer driver's license photo is not great. Not horrible, but not super flattering.

When going to help out at my kids' schools, they take our photo and print it onto a nametag (after scanning our driver's license) with the "LobbyGuard" machine in the lobbies of each school. I finally figured out that the camera lens on those could be tilted upwards or down after I had about a year of nametag photos only showing me from above my mouth up with a large blank space above my head! Those were fun!

keepscrappin likes this.