i want to be a minimalist but I'm a scattered mess...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Beckie, Aug 8, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Aw, thanks!
    I have a more minimilist page coming tonight using a template. That's another idea for trying a minimilist page - try a template.

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I love it too but barely can I master it. (even scraplifting it. LOL!!!!)

3. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

I'm also drawn to minimalist pages but when I try to make them myself, they just don't seem to 'work'. One of the things I love most about digital scrapbooking is that I can turn elements "on and off" to see how the layout looks without losing the time put into creating the cluster. I often call in my hubby for his view when I can't decide! ;)

4. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I agree with Courtney . . . use templates to get the feel first. I scrap all styles, but do love me a ton of white space!

5. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

Lol - I "consult" with my husband too. Although I am starting to suspect he just selects a layout option at random in order to stop me bugging him!

6. lealawson

lealawson Well-Known Member

I am definitely a minimalist, because that just fits my style & is pleasing to me. I think you need to embrace whatever you prefer!

At this point...I have so many years to catch up on, I don't print anything yet. But I know what I plan to do when it is time, and I won't have a problem with my minimalist pages in that media either, as it is my preferred style. It's how I decorate in my home, and in a way....how I live my life now. :)

bonnenuit likes this.
  7. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Meanwhile, I'd love to be able to cluster and fill a page. I struggle with anything more than a handful of elements. I can cram 5+ photos on a page and still only use 3-4 elements (and a washi cluster counts as one!).

I'd have to agree with everyone else. Take the time to discover your own style and run with it. It's great to appreciate the talents of others, but don't overlook or try to compare your work to those of others. You're documenting your memories and making your art.

flowersgal likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Finding your style takes time, so keep playing with challenges, using templates especially the many free ones you can find here each month. My main objective is to tell stories and I do mean with words. I appreciate the look of a one photo page but, for example, would never use a stock photo unless I was desperate for an image of something I had no photo of. Sometimes if I have just one photo like the ones I get from FB of the grandchildren, I'll use that and use a lot more elements or several blended papers to get a layout. That does give me more space to do extended journaling if I can tell a story.

I do print all my layouts except for the rare challenge that I really disliked. btw, it's taken me 10 years to really know what I like doing and what I don't. I love PL but I also really like travel books, heritage and pages that tell a funny-ish story like yesterday's Slow Scrap,

[​IMG]

Beckie and flowersgal like this.
  9. frani_54

frani_54 Well-Known Member

I love the minimalist style, but like others I tend to want to fill the page. I also love artsy style and love using masks and blending on my pages.

Beckie likes this.