I scream, you scream | Pad Patter 7.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jul 15, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We all scream for ice cream!
    [​IMG]

It's National Ice Cream Day!! Do you love it? What's your favorite flavor? Do you have a favorite place to go to get it? Favorite order? Sprinkles or toppings or just give me the ice cream??

I'm pretty simple. My favorites are mint chocolate chip and just plain chocolate, a scoop of each please, preferably in a chocolate dipped waffle cone :).

Here's one list of places to go today to score some free: https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/free-ice-cream-national-ice-cream-day

Are you going to celebrate?

bbymks5 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  2. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

We've got a little place in town that does mix-ins: you pick chocolate or vanilla ice cream, and they have dozens of things they will blend into it for you. NOTHING beats chocolate ice cream mixed with peanut butter, peanut butter cups, and graham crackers!

bbymks5 and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm totally with you on the chocolate/peanut butter combo!! Definitely one of my favorites and I love, love chocolate/peanut butter shakes!!

Christina W likes this.
  4. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

Oh this is PERFECT!

On Friday I was in a Lawn Bowling tournament and the hubby brought the kids to the park for a bit to watch me bowl. Of course it wasn't long before they were over playing at the park and in the splash pad. I didn't blame them it was HOT! Anyways, he took them over to the little ice cream place (in the park) to get a cool treat. Hubby knows me so well, he texted me 2 photos and said "There I took 2 pictures so you can scrap a layout" LOL. I just picked up Just Jaimee's Scooped kit too - Off to scrap :)

Sorry, forgot my fav icecream - I have 3 top favs all depends on what mood I'm in. Chocolate chip mint, Chocolate chip cookie dough, and Black Cherry. We may have to go get some Ice Cream after our anniversary dinner tonight.

Sokee and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We have already celebrated ice cream by buying it nearly every week so far this summer, so I think I'm going to refrain from mentioning this to my kids today. :giggle

I used to be a huge fan of ice cream until I stopped eating dairy in 2004 so I could continue breastfeeding Caroline, who has multiple allergies, milk being the worst, and then I became lactose intolerant. I don't like any of the soy dairy alternatives and didn't really love any of the other alternatives either until a few years ago when Ben & Jerry's created their's. It's almond milk and comes in interesting combinations of mix-in's just like their regular ice cream, including Cherry Garcia, Seven Layer, Cinnamon Roll, and Cookie & Peanut Butter. I have liked them all.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. dagi

dagi Aiming high

Lemon ice cream has always been my favorite! :-)

IntenseMagic and michelepixels like this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I love ice cream, but TBH I probably won't grab any today. I'm on a roll with paint prep and if I go get ice cream then I know I'll stop. (This is my "lunch and TLP break" right now lol!) And as @michelepixels mentioned with her family, buying it today wouldn't be very special cuz we've been doing it all. summer. long. Actually, all spring, too! ;)

I am a chocolate person, so basically anything chocolate-based is my fave. When I was a kid, I loved Moose Tracks...then I found Moose Tracks with chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla and I felt like the Ice Cream Gods had personally given me a gift rofl!

IntenseMagic and michelepixels like this.
  8. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I haven't heard of this unless you mean lemon sorbet or lemon ice. Is there actually an ice cream, made with milk, flavored lemon? I LOVE lemons! :P

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Ice cream is my favorite dessert. It's the one I can NEVER turn down. I have a few faves ... but my all time fave is Breyers Natural Vanilla.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. dagi

dagi Aiming high

I am not sure how they make it over here, but it it is very refreshing and tasty

13. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

We’re dieting this month, so no ice cream for us. If I were to have my favorite it would be chocolate raspberry truffle from a little place nearby that makes their own. Other than that, I usually make my own vanilla ice cream using organic ingredients and very little sugar.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz is a favorite! Lurve me some coffee flavored ice cream!

IntenseMagic and Cherylndesigns like this.
  15. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

We have a local creamery that makes the best ice cream I've ever had. It's called Owow Cow and I plan on going there this evening. They have funky flavors too! My favorite was Saltine Brown Butter toffee. It had actual saltines in it. So good!

[​IMG]

16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I used to eat ice cream every day - anything with chocolate in it. It really bothers me now - I'm lactose intolerant, too. I love Luigi's Italian Ice (mango) is my favorite.

17. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I've been working to give up dairy over the past few years, so I no longer have regular ice cream. I don't know that I really had a favorite then, but I did have a weakness for soft serve. In northern Michigan, we always go to this one little ice cream place and I would get a Glacier, float, not blended. Soft serve in a slushy (cherry is my favorite). Yum!

Now that I don't do dairy... I really like the Ben and Jerry's Almond Milk flavors, and love the Soy Creamy Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Trader Joe's (their dairy free ice cream sandwiches are good too). My kids work at Menchie's Frozen Yogurt and their current dairy free flavor is Dole Whip Lime Sorbet and it is sooooooo good!

BevG and IntenseMagic like this.
  18. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

My favourite ice cream flavours are green apple and lemon. I like them fruity and fresh!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My favorite is plain old chocolate. Neapolitan is pretty good also. I've also been known to grab a container of rainbow sherbet at the grocery as well.

Right now, I am having trouble eating it because my teeth are so dang sensitive. If it is too cold, it hurts.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Chocolate and then some more chocolate maybe. I esp like Rocky Road, don't like Moose Tracks or chocolate with any kind of cookie in it. Chocolate chunks are fine and even coffee is ok in the chocolate. Here is himself holding his Raspberry White Chocolate Truffle and my Chocolate Chunk which is starting to drip down his arm. Love our Brusters. Those cones are $4.99 each meaning that's a SMALL waffle cone.

IMG_2426.jpg

IntenseMagic likes this.