I can't scrap!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by 4noisyboys, May 24, 2012.

1. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I can't scrap!!

Oh man...I don't know what to do. I've been trying to get on the computer all day and scrap. My eyes have been getting worse and I've started needing reading glasses at night, and I'm wearing glasses for driving now too.

All of a sudden, I can hardly see the computer. I bought some progressive glasses and they said there is a spot on there where I'm supposed to look, and that will be the spot for the computer. I can't find it. I've been trying for days. Reading glasses don't help me with the computer either. Everything is doubled and quite blurry just trying to type this!

:helpyI know most of you are young and haven't dealt with these type of eye problems, but maybe you know someone who has, and what I can do about it.

It's way too hard to scrap...to find kits, to see what I'm doing in PS....

2. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

oh no!!! I think if you can't find that spot that you need to go back and make sure the prescription is right on them... It seems weird that you can't find the "spot"... I know my mom said it took her awhile to get used to hers, but she never had a problem where she couldn't find the spot... but my dad totally hates progressives and ended up just sticking with bi-focals

3. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I am so sorry, debra, That has to be SO frustrating. I would definitely go back like Heather said and see if they can help you out.

4. 4noisyboys

I need more than the two strengths though...so I don't think bifocals will work. I'm wondering if my glasses are big enough..enough room for the three prescriptions. I've actually had the glasses for a year. They're good for driving around, I can read well with them, but they drive me crazy going to a store to shop. I have to grab everything and bring it up to my face to read the boxes. I can't see what's on the shelf well otherwise. I did make another appointment and they said the prescription was still the same as what I have. so.....maybe a new doctor? LOL

5. heathergw

yeah... my brother had tri-focals as a kid... if your glasses are really narrow, maybe the "spot" is just super small and hard to find... but I would think that your doctor or whoever sold you the glasses would tell you if the frame is too small for tri-focals or progressives before selling them to you... maybe they can at least help you find the spot... I guess I would think they would be more helpful in getting them to work for you... at least something to help you find it... it just seems so weird that you can't even find it, even if it is a small area

6. ltarbox

ltarbox New Member

Yuck! I have no advise but just wanted to send sympathy. Hope you can get it figured out, Debra!

7. Dana

Dana Dana

i have no advice either - but sympathy! how frustrating!! i hope you can get it figured out ASAP!!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Um... I can TOTALLY sympathize! I've had horrible vision my whole entire life. I got glasses at about 4 years old because I was running into things. LOL! But, my perscription was always hard to get right, so even with glasses a lot of the time i couldn't see that great. In 8th grade I finally was allowed to get contacts and got the gas-permeable hard contacts. Soft contacts couldn't correct for my astigmatism. Anyway, after that I could see great... until kids. Pregnancy messed with my eyes again and they were always dry and I just couldn't wear contacts anymore and I could NOT see out of the glasses they kept trying to make for me. FINALLY I just got lasik done and it's been amazing. I've never been able to see so well in my whole life and I don't have the dry eyes or anything.

But, the first month after lasik, while my eyes had to relearn how to see out of newly fixed eyes, it was horrible. I couldn't squint and shift my eyes just right to see the computer distance to save my life and it made me nauseous just to look at the screen. I had to take about a month off before my eyes really adjusted and now it's amazing how well I can see... Maybe you should try doing lasik?

9. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

My story is a lot like Karen's. Glasses as a child, then hard lenses because of astigmatism. In my early 20's, I was able to get soft lenses which were a little better but they ended up putting holes in my corneas from the solution/lens combination. I had lasik in my early 30's and it was wonderful! I still don't need glasses for normal everyday life. But lasik does not stop the normal aging process of the eye. I knew when I had it that eventually I'd need reading glasses because most all people do. They deliberately made my lasik a little bit near-sighted to push that off for me. So now, I have a pair of glasses (single prescription) just for distance, like driving, the movies, kids assemblies, lacrosse games, etc. And I have a pair of computer glasses that are progressives, for reading distance up to computer distance. So I can use while scrapping but have to look over them to see the tv on the other end of the room or if someone comes to talk to me. I still don't have the easiest time with those, really only using them when I've worked on the computer all day and then come home and sit on the computer for hours here, I'll grab them after 9:30 or so.

Maybe all three prescriptions in one pair of glasses is a lot to get used to at one time.

10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I'm very nearsighted, and I've had progressives for about a year. There are still things I bring up to read under the glasses, just because it's easier, but overall they work pretty well for me. (Although if I could afford lasik, I'd do it at the drop of a hat.) My doctor did warn me that quality of the lens is a huge factor when it comes to progressives, and he's not one who tries to push or upsell at all, and he would only use one certain brand (which of course I can't remember). So maybe it's just that the quality of the lens isn't the best?

11. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

I'm on my reading glasses now and it seems like my eyes are progressively getting worse. I sympathize although I'm not in your shoes. Hope you're able to get your eyes focused soon.

12. la

la A closet sap

you need new eyeballs woman.

13. 4noisyboys

Yes...I had LASIK done about 10 years ago. It was good up until about a year ago. I'm thinking of seeing if they can make me a pair just for using the computer. I have next Wednesday off so I'm going to call and see if I can get an appointment.

14. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Oh no that is terrible. I think that would drive me nuts! I think I might get a pair of glasses exclusively with the strength you need for the computer. At least I think that is what I'd so because I'm on the computer so much. Then just wear the progressives for everything else, but switch to the computer strength glasses to scrap. I hope they can help you out!!

15. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I hope you get it straightened out so we can see your gorgeous scrapping!

Hugs!

16. heathergw

Oh... that might be a good idea to get one for just computer use... hope you get it all working for you soon... I'm gonna miss your pages!!!