I am not Speedy and I hope Peppermint doesn't follow me on Pinterest

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Happy Mama, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Happy Mama

Happy Mama Well-Known Member

I am not Speedy and I hope Peppermint doesn't follow me on Pinterest

Well, I just spent two hours during a one hour speed scrap figuring out that I am not a speed scrapper. Ha! It was fun though, especially for a newbie.

And then I pinned practically the whole Lilypad store on my pinterest wish list board and the entire time I kept thinking about what Peppermint said on one of the digi shows about people flooding her pinterest feed with stuff (and saying, "don't they have anything better to do?", which by the way, I do not....*LOL*) and I started to feel bad, but not that bad. heh-heh. :giggle

I hope my pinterest followers don't mind all the digi goodness, but if there is a chance to win my ginormous list I gotta do it! :yesss

And now to go dream about the shopping I will do tomorrow. :)

Thanks for all the welcomes, it was a fun night for this new girl!

2. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Lol least you had a go,I have never participated in a speed scrap because takes me an hour to just pick the kit lol

3. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

haha I'm not a speedy speed scrapper either, I think the last one I did took me about 2 hours too.

4. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Hahaha! Karen I am like you!
    And Happy Mama you're too funny! I can totally picture you behind the PC pinning your heart out all the while thinking sorry Peppermint with each new pin! LOL

5. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

LOL! That's awesome! Glad you had fun Happy Mama! :D

6. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

I thought the same thing -- were you doing the "pin to win" your wishlist game? Heheh, I didn't know about "flooding" pinterest, and then just as I was finishing up pinning my wishlist I listened to that same Digi show.... Oops!

7. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

That's GREAT you tried a speed scrap! I LOVE doing speed scraps,
    it's a fun way to learn new things, and go outside of your 'scrapping' box.

You are so funny about with the title of your post too...
    I have to admit, I too think of Peppermint when I get a little pin happy. BWAHAHAHA!!

8. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Oh great. I never heard Peppermint say that, but now I'm gonna stress. :D Although I'm pretty much 100% sure she doesn't follow me. ;)

Glad you had fun at the speed scrap. I'm totally bummed to have missed it.

9. Happy Mama

Karen, I *know*, I started looking at papers and never recovered, *LOL*.

Kaye, So glad I'm not the only one.

Mirjam, that is so funny, that is *exactly* what I was thinking. *LOL*

Scrappup, yep, I was pinnin' to win 'em! {my heart skips a beat to just *think* of winning all those!!}

Kimberlee, *LOL* sorry, but just try not to think about it when you pin.

Krista, *LOL* I was *so* out of my scrappin' box that I just gave up and started shopping! *LOL*

10. julia

julia julia

I love speed scraps, but I can't join in on them too often because of time zone differences. Hope you had fun though :)

I love pinterest, and often have nothing better to do lol

11. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

This is me too!

I'm glad you're having fun pinning and mentally shopping! :giggle

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  12. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Actually I can rarely join in chats either cause of the time difference and believe it or not even though I'm chatty in the forums I'm quiet a shy person so would probably just sit in the chat room and only evidence of be being there would be my name on side lol

13. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Re: I am not Speedy and I hope Peppermint doesn't follow me on Pinterest

LOL, not you guys, trust me. I tend to have similar interests with scrapper people. <g>

It's the people I know IRL who flood my feed EVERY SINGLE DAY with some new theme. Like "cute puppies wearing hats" or "things to make with buttons" or "crockpot recipes featuring tater tots"

Like they're making entire new boards of obscure things every day.

I have a few people I follow locally who I was referring to specifically when I said that on the show. Everyone else's randomness I enjoy. Theirs just seems so contrived. Like they find one use for old flip flops and decide to populate an entire new board with 100 pins of how to upcycle flip flops. In one day. LOL

14. Happy Mama

Peppermint, what? You don't need tater tot crock pot recipes?? Well there goes the recipe book I was gonna make you for Christmas. *LOL*

I kinda figured that's what you meant. And I think anyone following me will probably *love* seeing all those digi kits as much as I do. It's so inspiring!

15. Peppermint

Oh, I remembered another one. "Oily men on construction site backdrops"

Obviously these aren't the names they use for their boards. I think that board was called "Hubba Hubba".

The thing that sucks is that if you follow a person and then click "unfollow" on specific boards on their account it still subscribes you by default to any new boards they create until you go in and "unfollow" those boards. But by then I already have 100 oily construction guys in my feed. Haha.

16. julia

julia julia

bwahahah my pinterest friends are not that special, I almost feel like I'm missing out rofl

17. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

lol..I think this is me too..lol.

18. Peppermint

Bear in mind that I live in the Midwest and things like tater tots and shirtless men are what get us through the long winters. Haha.

19. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

Ha, this thread makes me laugh because I thought the same thing just yesterday morning! I was pinning a bunch of christmas ideas. I was specifically looking for them and I thought, "If Peppermint followed me on pinterest, she would totally unfollow me."

You're in our heads!

20. Happy Mama

ROFL! Peppermint! You just made me spit my drink! I am laughing so hard right now, I can't type! That needs to be a midwestern bumper sticker, or at least your new tag line under your profile picture!