Hybrid Happenings - Make Your Own Mini-Journal

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Jul 4, 2022.

1. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

ok make this easier for me. what kit do you think I should use. Sometimes I get lost in the weeds of deciding which one do I want to use. and never mind, I just made my decision. Like how that worked... LMAO.

2. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Okay - now you have me wondering. Which did you choose? I was thinking something from MPMs since they have lots of cards and maybe some mixed matched ephemera type papers thrown in between.

3. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

I will probably pull some MPM in but I'm going with Just Jaimie recent ST

4. ArmyGrl

@mywisecrafts Ah-ha! The Storytellers are a good pick! There is so much in them and colors and papers are yummy! You'll have to let me (us) know if you used the Circuit, Silhouette, or Brother.

5. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

I will. I'm starting now, but it won't be finished tonight.

6. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

It is kind of like squirrel territory over here. I have a digital layout going, water color painting happening and some mixed media things drying.... and now this....LOL.

7. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Ok, so here's an update on my mini hybrid album. Wasn't sure if I could post a video clip so, I just took some photos..... my formal dining room is getting used for the photos so that is a plus.

The patterned paper cover and the inside of the album is paper I printed from Just Jaimee's July 2022 Story Teller. The navy blue is card stock I had on hand as I didn't want to be unnecessarily wasteful with my ink. I still have more "expansion" elements to add but wanted to provide a quick update.

Tools/supplies used so far: paper cutter, bone life, super glue, some super sticky double sided tape, chipboard, blade to cut chipboard, navy cardstock and paper printed from Just Jaimee's July 2022 StoryTeller Release

I'll be back with more updates. Keep in mind, creativity for me is half the creating and the other half is the process. I kinda equal amounts of joy in both. I rarely can create any layout in less than a hour and paper and hybrid is no different for me. So I say that to say, it may take me a few days to come back with updates but know that it's moving forward.

HYBRID.jpg

wombat146, MishSpar, ArmyGrl and 2 others like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

LOVE it, Esther!! LOVE the cover you used!! I'm going to try to work on something soon. I have lots of paper bags and I want to try that envelope book. Very nice!!

mywisecrafts likes this.
  9. ArmyGrl

Gorgeous, gorgeous work @mywisecrafts!!! :clap

I am kinda the same as you, Esther, the creative process is oftentimes slow. Hybrids are ongoing projects. If I compete one in one month's time frame, I am happy.

Post updates when you are ready. Your work is very inspiring! :beat

mywisecrafts likes this.
  10. MishSpar

MishSpar Well-Known Member

mywisecrafts likes this.
  11. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

The bags I have are folded like this:
    20220709_175822web.jpg

What do you think? Should I keep them, and glue/tape the edges closed? Or should I cut the folds away?

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  12. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

I'd keep them this way and maybe use the open edge as pockets....

Cherylndesigns and tanteva like this.
  13. ArmyGrl

My bags were that way too! Keep them. It serves as a double layer to help hold whatever you'd like to adhere to the edges. I started with a strip of paper stapled to the paper bag (over the "double" area - thereby flattening it). Then I added washi tapes and tags. One could simply fold a piece of paper over the double edge to keep it down; glue, tape or staple.

Not the best pics. sorry. To me, the staples add texture and dimension. If that look is not desired, tape and glue get the job done too.
    IMG_7921.JPG

MishSpar and tanteva like this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

I made an album out of some envelopes that had accidentally gotten sealed and we couldn't use. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but it was fun to play. Of all the stuff I lost, I have a ton of patterned paper from my paper scrapping days. I stapled some envelopes together, then made a cover out of patterned paper and added some washi tape to the edge, and used some chord to make a messy bow and tied a white feather to the front. I just wanted to play - this was easy and fun.

envelope-album-front.jpg envelope-album-back.jpg envelope-album-open.jpg

mywisecrafts likes this.
  15. tanteva

@Cherylndesigns
    LOVE it! It's adorable. And if you don't know what to do with it, I can send you my address. :flirty:giggle

16. ArmyGrl

17. Cherylndesigns

tanteva likes this.
  18. Cherylndesigns

Thanks so much Lisa!! I loved the envelop idea you gave us! :heartlub:heartlub

19. tanteva

Tried to print some digital stuff today. Looks like #&%¤ - Weird colors and a bit stripey. Not sure if it's the paper or the printer. Or me. Maybe I'm too picky.

Well, well, I haven't even sewn my bags together yet. Working slooooowly here. LOL

Karen likes this.
  20. MishSpar

MishSpar Well-Known Member

@Cherylndesigns That came out great! that's a cool idea! I love the patterns you chose to go together. Is there a story behind the feather or it was just a fun piece to add? love it!

@tanteva if you need help trouble shooting the printing issues, let me know! I don't want to start listing off advice if you don't need it LOL

I've started to plan out my witch themed book. I'm going to get started soon!