HOW TO: Post a Linked Product Photo

Discussion in 'Pick Your Prize' started by carolee, Apr 29, 2015.

1. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Here is a visual step by step on how to add a product image and also link to that product in your post. I am using Google Chrome and a Mac in these examples but it should work for various browsers and operating systems. All you need to know is how to copy and paste and highlight text. No typing needed.

Step One. Go to your selected product page in the store. Right click on the image of the product and copy the image URL. DO NOT close the product page.

[​IMG]

Step Two. Start your post in the appropriate designer's thread. Click on the square picture icon above the text box and a popup will appear. Paste the image URL into the popup field. (Command-V or CTRL-V) After you click OK, the html will appear in the text box. (Ignore the quoted text, I was using this question as an example)

[​IMG]

Step Three. Go back to the product page. Now you want to copy the page URL. Right click or use your mouse to highlight the url and then copy.

[​IMG]

Step Four. Go back to your post. Highlight the html that should already be in your post from Step Two. Make sure you highlight the img tags - the whole thing! Now click on the globe icon and a popup will appear. Paste in the page URL you copied from Step Three and click OK.

[​IMG]

You are done! This is what your linked image html should look like (without the quoted text) before you hit post:

[​IMG]

It's essentially a link with an image embedded inside. It is very fast once you get the hang of it. This is also the same thing you would do to share and link an image from the gallery. I hope these directions help!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  2. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I had a little trouble with this myself, until I looked at the screen shot CLOSELY. When coming back to link to the PAGE, I had to ignore the prehighed code, and rehighlight the entire code including those pesky [​IMG]

3. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

4. Spacecadetswife

Spacecadetswife Well-Known Member

It took me awhile, but I eventually got it. Thank you!

5. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Thank you. So helpful :)