How long is the current BYOC offered?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by scrapolina, Jun 4, 2015.

1. scrapolina

scrapolina Next stop: Crete

Sorry, I am just learning the ropes here :-) I dont want to miss out if it is only here for a few days! Thanks in advance!!

2. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Hi, Francine! I'm not the official help, but I can answer this one. :)

BYOC is always technically available (unless a product is retired, which usually doesn't happen for a long time, and when it does there is a sale and much fanfare), and you can actually see all of the past BYOCs here https://the-lilypad.com/store/BYOC-PAST/.

BYOC's "Buy More, Save More" deal is only in effect for the weekend (Thursday night-Sunday night) that the BYOC is released. So that will start tonight and then go through the weekend. You can find more info on that discount at the bottom of every BYOC blog post and in the email newsletter. Here's May's blog post, with the info at the bottom https://the-lilypad.com/its-byoc-time/.

One thing I've learned is to not check out with my BYOC too early if I'm using the discount (and most of the time I am). Often a designer or two will be a little late with their releases, and if I check out as soon as the bulk is released on Thursday night, I miss out using that discount on the new items that show up on Friday, Saturday, and sometimes even on Sunday. I usually wait until Sunday afternoon to do my checkout, and then I get scrapping with the new goodies. :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  3. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Oh, and one other thing- make sure you sign up for the designers' email lists if you want to get exclusive coupons and bundles on both BYOC and all their other goodies!

4. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Scrappyjedi covered it all I think. I was also going to say don't buy too soon. Seems like something sneaks in after the initial post. The other thing I love about BYOC -- is using that link you can find kits that you know will coordinate when you are doing a big project. I love that they are available all the time and still sorted into their months.

5. scrapolina

Thank you for all your help and especially this tip!!

6. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Thanks, ladies! Those answers were exactly right.

You are definitely going to want to take advantage of the Buy More, Save More on this BYOC. It's absolutely amazing...full reveal in just a few short hours!

7. scrapolina

hours!!?? I cannot wait!! LOL!!! I LOVE the Lily Pad...always something fun and exciting going on!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

BYOC is the best thing since sliced bread. Whenever I want to scrap something random, I always check my BYOC folders first. I use them over and over and over again. So much amazing product and it all matches! Brilliant! :)

9. NotAVampireLvr

NotAVampireLvr New Member

Yes - this is my first BYOC since I've been back and WHOOT I'm excited... everyone has great advice here - don't checkout until Sunday and double check because there are always stragglers (which I love personally - its like shopping a candy shoppe) Also sometimes designer coupons offer a better deal so check for those too.

10. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I missed the don't check out too early tip...... :\

11. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

I can't take it any more!!! I've followed the advice and have been waiting patiently, but I've been hitting refresh so many times on the BYOC page I think I've worn the button out! Is there likely to be any more goodies, or shall I checkout? I can't decide LOL! I have already bought a few goodies from the designers' newsletters, cos the deals were just too juicy :) I am such an impatient magpie :)

12. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Definitely do that, the extra savings really help.