How is everyone starting their PL 2016?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by Angiea1114, Dec 28, 2015.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Anything before I go to bed gets lumped in with NYE, January 1st doesn't start until I wake up :-)

krscraps likes this.
  2. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

That is a great idea!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I do full years. So 2016 starts on January 1st and ends on December 31st. I love the midnight fireworks pics and they go into both albums. Because it's the new year but also the ending of the old. And because I usually take many firework photos, it's not a problem to add unique photos to both albums. I bought sparklers in a 2016 shape so I'm hoping for some really nice pics this year!

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Okay, up until this point, I thought this subject was just an interesting curiosity, but didn't spend much time reading it because it really is up to the individual and doesn't matter whether you include a couple days in last year's book or this years book. However, I strongly opine that anything photographed as part of the new year's eve night's festivities, before or after midnight, must be included wherever you put December 31. :bat

I also like what @enjoyyourpix says though. :D

bestcee, RebeccaH and enjoyyourpix like this.
  5. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I think I'm planning on doing the 1st 10 days for my first week. Maybe do an intro page on the very 1st page, and then a spread of the 1st 10 days. They're usually not overly exciting anyway, LOL

6. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

@bestcee I am including New Years Eve festivities in with 2016 because I didn't do an album for 2015 and I want it in there. :) For future I will probably do both! Though I don't think we are doing anything this year cause baby boy is sick so it's really a moot point I guess LOL

bestcee likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

:happydance2I actually started 2015 with my midnight photo, but all the debate about where to put the 1st and 2nd had me thinking.

8. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

I also do full years, so work from January 1st to December 31st. My mantra this year is keep it simple and not to worry about style, etc...if one page is different from another....no big deal....at least I'll have the memories scrapped! It seems when I choose one specific style I get lost and bogged down too quickly, so I'm trying a more open approach with no specific style. I am aiming for simple so will probably do blocks just because that makes it easier....I'm not locking myself into a 'week' style, but more of an overall month style....two pages a month or if it's a special time, maybe more for a certain month!

Happy Mama likes this.
  9. wendy85

wendy85 Doin' a little chair dance here at my desk

I will doing it monthly this year as well. Last year i ended up with so many missing weeks because of no photo;s that this will make it easier instead of having a push to make photo's.

Next to that i'm still undecided if i'm going to use all Just jaimee's or MPM. maybe a mix of both.
    And because i'm doing it monthly i thought it is fun to not use week cards but use the chapter cards from Allison instead..

10. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I start the year with NYE...Celebrating the new year. For me, it's more about the new year and less about finishing up the old.

11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Bwaahhaahhhaaa! :lalala

I've taken three photos. Beat that!

12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I have the New Year's Eve stuffs (parties, activities) in the old year; watching the Tournament of Roses Parade, etc., in the new year. My year starts with the Parade!

bestcee likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

We had a trip from Dec 28 to Jan 5 so I'm just doing some very simple pages (via LR templates) and then deciding later if they'll be the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2016. Probably the former as it didn't feel like the new year til we got home.

14. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Hey Maureen, good to see you! Are you going to be enabling us here at the Pad with your PL pages this year? I would totally love it if your would, they're always so inspiring!

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I hope to Nancy. It depends on how simple I make them which might mean I don't have enough TLP stuff on the layouts.

16. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

I first wanted to catch up on MOC ;) and I am and this weekend want to start with PL2016. Because I use my own templates and the week has split in the middle I think I will use my page twice, it's the last 2 pages in 2015 but the first in 2016. Always start my week mondy-sunday.... so cathing uo for PL this weekend :)