How is everyone starting their PL 2016?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by Angiea1114, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Angiea1114

Angiea1114 Member

This always is very daunting for me!! Week one starts when?? If it really starts Sunday the 3rd, what do you do with Jan 1 and 2?

2. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I always start on the 1st and have a partial week, and I usually have enough going on and pictures for the week so that it is full of info even with just a partial. Or I have it be one page instead of a double-page spread. But I'm sure there are tons of people who do it differently. I'll be interested to see what everyone else is doing. :)

FarrahJobling and klee73010 like this.
  3. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

I had this issue when I did one page per week (so I used to create a partial page and start the first full week on a Sunday, that way I could scrap on Sundays), now I create one double page spread for half a month, for example December 1st to 15th.

scrapsandsass and klee73010 like this.
  4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I typically do the first partial week of the year as it's own week. This year will be a last minute judgement call though... if I have enough photos from those two days, they'll be their own week, if not, I'll just roll them into the next week. I'm hoping to have enough photos though.

FarrahJobling and scrapsandsass like this.
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

isn't this week technically week 53 of 2015? I'm a newbie to PL in any sense of the word, so, my plan for 2015 is monthly highlights. I avoid this fiasco with ease. sorry I'm no help though... haha

scrapsandsass likes this.
  6. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I will do Friday, Saturday and Sunday as a one page layout I think (my weeks for PL will most likely run Monday - Sunday). I think instead of trying to fill out two pages since DH is on call and that makes for a slow week normally, I'll do an about us page on the back of the cover page. Maybe include a list of our favorites, ages, pets..etc.

7. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I feel like with Project Life it is what you make it. If you want to keep weeks complete then this makes total sense. I'm one that wants my years to be separate. I've always done monthly before so including the partial first week in my 2016 album makes the most sense for me. This will be my first year doing a 2 page per week spread so it's all new territory for me.

8. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

i too end with New year's eve, regardless where it falls in the week.

9. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I scrap my weeks from Monday to Sunday. I like having my weekends together. My week 1 for this year started yesterday so Week 1 will run from December 28- Jan 3 for me.

lvancura and Toria like this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I haven't decided. I guess I will wait and see what photos I get and what's going on. I'm leaning towards one page for the first few days and I love @sarahbhb's idea of doing lists of favorites, ages, and stuff! I always did Monday-Sunday weeks until last year and I switched it to Sunday-Saturday. I'm still deciding what works best for me.

11. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I always end a year with New Year's Eve and start the year with New Year's Day as well, but I agree with Sarah that it's all a matter of personal preference. I will tack the first couple of days of 2016 onto the first week.

12. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I do separate years. My thing is I always do a big New Year's Eve party. I finally decided to include it on the previous year.

I'm hoping to keep up with one 12x12 a week, but we'll see.

13. sucali

sucali sucali

My week one of 2016 (and my new PL book) starts on Monday, January 4th.
    I take so many pictures on "Silvester" (big party on the evening of the 31st) and "Neujahr" (January 1st) that I have to do extra pages for it...And I think on December 2 and 3 there will happen nothing interesting...

klee73010 and scrapsandsass like this.
  14. Angiea1114

Angiea1114 Member

Thanks Everyone! I Think Week one will officially be a long one for 2016 as I'll start it on Jan 1st just because I like all my year to be in one book. That makes for a short week 53 in 2015. Keeping those first few days of January with the first week will also allow me to do one double 12x12 layout for the book, so I don't have to worry about a single page already!

15. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

my first week will be partial and I will start january 1st. For December, I've no problem because I make a daily December.
    It's interresting to see how everyone will do.

klee73010 likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm going to run my 1st week from the 1st through the 9th....throwing a few extra days in the first week, just so I can do my typical Sunday-Saturday week.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  17. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I am doing it monthly and not weekly so it will start on the 1 st :) I will just add the photos I have for the month and not stress about having a full week or 7 photos for 1 week and things. I am going low pressure haha!

wendy85 and enjoyyourpix like this.
  18. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Depending on how the week falls I may combine extra days to complete my first week. In the past my first week may have anywhere from 7-10 days. This year, week one will be from Jan 1 - Jan 10, unless we have a ton of photos from our weekend of our New Year trip, in which case I may split those days.

I also start my weeks on Mondays, which is different than others. After a few years of doing this I found that having Fri, Sat, Sun in the same week worked better for me to group weekend photos, rather than splitting off Sunday into the following week. This works best because most of our family outings are on the weekend.

19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, because I like to stir the pot! LOL :) For those that have January 1st in the 2016 book, what time do you start with? Do you include midnight photos on Jan 1 or Dec 31?

crystalbella77 likes this.
  20. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

live on the wild side ... put the midnight photos in both books!!!

Happy Mama, HavaDrPepper and RebeccaH like this.