How is everyone doing with MOC?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by littlekiwi, Jan 12, 2022.

1. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

Sounds like a lot of us would much rather forget last year ... Our daughter was in a car accident at the beginning of February, which killed her boyfriend who was driving. She's ok physically, but the entire year has been a blur. So, I'm working on a YIR page highlighting pictures that my hubby took throughout the year - all nature/landscape. Rather than moments from the year. Choosing to see the beauty through the pain.

jk703 and bestcee like this.
  2. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

This is what I do too! I’m okay with doing the layouts out of order, but my layout thread must be in order. I’m stuck on the Photography challenge because I’m not in the mood to get a new photo. Winter does not inspire me.

Joan K likes this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Just finished my shaker box! Kind of like it, but not pleased with my ability to make the plastic look real.

So I'm still keeping up, having done all the challenges on the day they were posted. However, I've been contacted about a problem with one of them, so I may have to revise that one.

4. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I got a late start and have lots of catching up to do!!!!!! :crazy3

5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

mine looks silly and I’m thinking of redoing mine with a glass effect…

michelepixels likes this.
  6. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I've gotten about half the challenges done, so I am gonna really need to start getting two a day done, so I can complete all the challenges on time.

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I got through the Dangles. I don't know why that one stumped me so much, but I was able to get it done.
    Now I'm just behind on Days 10 & 11. I really need to get some other things done tomorrow, but hopefully I'll get the day's challenge done and try to pick up a second page sometime this weekend.

I used to keep up with every day, but not anymore. I also used to get them done in order if I fell behind, but again, not anymore. Now I'm just happy I got a page done! haha!

8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

That's the tough part. I wasn't able to get mine to look real because it's hard to do in Artisan. But it did mute everything a bit so hopefully you can see I used the plastic.

michelepixels likes this.
  9. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I’m two challenges behind. One of the challenges (Day 8, Florals, Foliage, and Frames) is well within my comfort zone: I love flowers, I love clusters, I love the challenge, I just need to finish the darn page, which is about 75 percent done. And the other challenge?

Yeah, this. Not a criticism of the challenge, I hasten to add (it’s a really clever idea, and a great challenge), but a criticism of my attitude toward the challenge. I need to get over myself, and just get it done.

10. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

How absolutely awful, @bjthomas. I admire your resolve to see the beauty through the pain, but that is very painful indeed.

I lost my beloved Aunt Nicki (my mother's closest sister) to COVID in February 2021. Very glad to say good-bye to 2021, hoping for better from 2022!...

11. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I need to do 2 layouts still - today and the 11th, so almost caught up. Hubby has been in the hospital all week and I had a surgery myself yesterday so life is trying to derail my plan to finish, but hoping to get caught up this weekend

12. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

think will need to redo 12, aand have today to do

13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'm doing day 13 - not entirely finished yet....the shadowing of the plastic is throwing me off course as its not showing up the way I'd hoped. Then I've just got day 11 to do to be "caught up" for now at least

Cath_ likes this.
  14. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I have yesterday and today to do. My brain is full and I need to empty it some first though.

15. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Barbara, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Thinking of you!!

16. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Oh No.... -praying you are both back to full health soon!
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My best friend's daughter's boyfriend committed suicide this year and that has been a REALLY hard thing to heal from. Praying for your daughter!
    Thank you Sheri, I still need to visit his wife for a visit. Actually my mom and her mom are 1st cousins so my mom said she would like to go with me and have a visit between the 4 of us.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  17. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

So true, yes we need to find the little things we are grateful for! They ARE there if you just look!

18. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

I was keeping up for the first week, but now I'm 2 days behind but that's totally doable! And hopefully next week won't be crazy at work and I'll have time to catch up! Having a blast though!!

19. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

It sounds like last year was such a hard year for so many people. Wishing you all a better 2022!

Every year I say that I think I'll be too busy to finish MOC, and every year something happens that makes it possible (a snowstorm that keeps us home for days, something else major being cancelled, etc). But I think this may be the year I just can't do it! I told myself I wasn't even going to try, but I changed my mind and started around January 7th. We even had a snowstorm that kept us home for a week this year, but my work moved virtual so I didn't gain much time. I'm at 7 layouts done so far, and maybe before I go back to work on Tuesday I'll get to 11 or 12. It's going to come down to a combination of how much life gets in the way and how much I can get over myself and call things "good enough" rather than spending hours on them.

bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

COVID hit our house but surprisingly I found scrapping to be one of the only things I could do. So I'm right on track!

rach3975 and SeattleSheri like this.