How has MOC motivated you?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by Scrapping with Liz, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I'm loving it! Most of my layouts have come together very quickly. That said, I was on vacation this week. I may feel less relaxed once I'm back to work on Monday.

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  2. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Last year I was soooo motivated to scrap MOC just to prove to myself that I could do it! I was working two jobs at the time, and I think that I sat down and scrapped 7 pages a day for 1 or 2 days near the end just to get it all done. It was so gratifying!

MOC has also really helped me to find my scrapbooking process and the ideal organizational system that works for me. I'm one of those people who will take forever to get around to doing something if I think that it's going to be a hassle or a pain to get started. Being organized has really helped to remove that barrier to starting pages...and once I start a layout and get into a groove, I'm usually pretty fast to finish layouts from there.

Scrapping with Liz and mrs2a50 like this.
  3. JSmith84

JSmith84 Active Member

Aside from a couple of really simple pocket layouts I hadn't scrapped since my son was born in June, so this has been a great jump start for me. The challenges have given me some great inspiration, and it doesn't hurt that I have a ton of cute baby photos to scrap now :)

4. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I scrap pretty much every day anyway. It's motivated me to take more pictures. A cool challenge for me too is incorporating some of the challenges with my CT stuff. That's like doing the extra credit questions (which I always do in school when offered).

5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love MOC for the inspiration, getting me out of my comfort zone and I end up with fabulous layouts I wouldn't have any other way.

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've been motivated to get on the computer first thing every morning and see what the new challenge for the day is, then I go have coffee, wake up a bit and read my book for a few minutes, then I get started on my MOC page for the day. What a fun way to start out my day!

7. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

It's definitely motivated me! I've never scrapped more than a few days in a row so to get 7 days in a row and 7 things done is an amazing feeling! Of course, next week I'm back to work full time and packing for a trip, so who knows. I've also done things that I never tried before, or never would've thought of, if not for the challenges.

8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

My 3rd year... I wasn't ready at all. Honesty i have to many kits from here, and don't know what in them, so my layouts are not turning out very well.

9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

While I've been with TLP since January, 2015, this is only my 2nd MOC. Last year I remember debating on participating & I'm glad I did. I had the same reservations this year, but I joined in at the last minute. Keeping caught up so far. Ask me to do an art journal page, and I can whip one of those out in minutes. But ask me to incorporate a photo somehow, follow along with the rules, and I have "scrapper's block". So I do MOC to challenge my existing style, to make me grow as an individual, and to showcase some of those photos I've taken thru-out the years. I woke at 4:28 this morning, checked TLP and no challenge yet, so I'm lurking the forum. :-) @Scrapping with Liz I am LOVING your theme this year.

bjthomas and Scrapping with Liz like this.
  10. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Thank you for starting this thread Liz! I love seeing how MOC has motivated everyone to scrap more, especially those of you who have a particular album or set of photos you want to scrap! MOC always motivates me to scrap more - so far I'm caught up with the challenges but I don't know if I'll actually get all of them done. I've only finished all 31 once in the last 4 years. MOC also motivates me to get into the gallery and leave more love - the pages this month are always so inspiring!!

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Love that it's motivating us all! What a great way to start the year.

I just checked out your gallery & I think your pages look great!

Cath_ likes this.
  12. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I LOVE challenges & something about this one being at the start of the year is incredibly motivating. I've completed EVERY MOC challenge since the start of it & you wouldn't believe how much it's pushed me & got me back into photoshop & loving this hobby more & more & more each year. Plus the people & comments & vibes here, especially during January with people starting new goals, is 100% motivating & inspiring.

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

This is my 1st MOC and I'm enjoying it a lot. I learned by doing the monthly challenges that I could make a page fairly quickly and still like the majority of those I did. So much of my scrapping over the past years has been Project Life, so doing different types of pages has been a learning experience. I have had no particular plan for this month because so much of my scrapping HAS been according to a plan - PL or specific trips. I do expect to use a number of images from our recent England trip and then fill in other pages with simpler photo pages. I also made it a goal to do a certain amount of tagging each or every other day to get caught up with the 2016 purchases and not buy ...much...til that is done!

Oh I'm taking a Lightroom class this month too!

14. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

This is my first year to play. I look forward every day to a new challenge and some of them definitely have been challenges taking me out of my comfort zone. I don't have a lot of current unscrapped photos so it has me scrambling for photos and today's challenge (clean & simple) reminded me that sometimes you only need one photo and a new idea to make a fun page.

15. dancingJaye

dancingJaye Well-Known Member

I've been away from scrapping and forums for so long that I hardly remember how to do it anymore. But I wanted to do more and try and get caught up with my 7 kids books and this challenge has been quite the kick in the butt. I've got 4 or 5 done so far and it's been awesome. I needed this! Thanks to all those who've put so much thought and effort into coming up with the challenges.

jenn33199 and Scrapping with Liz like this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

MOC always follows soccer and then basketball season for us. With two boys, we do nothing but sports from Sept-December and by January I've forgotten how to scrap. Lol! So, MOC definitely motivates me to get back in the habit of scrapping again and I love that there's a new challenge each day so I can tell my family that "I have to scrap" The challenge says so! :giggle

17. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

First of all I have to tell you (Liz) that you are a blessing and I love reading your stories of bringing those little ones to your family. My son adopted 6 little ones (all through foster care) so I just love families that are blessings to children.

My MOC is all over the place. I never really finish any one grandchild (with 9 of them I am not sure I will ever be done) but I love the "challenge" of trying different things. I really love the new ways I have found to use styles (probably wrong on some layouts but nevertheless I love the layouts). I have to admit the ATC is definitely not my thing and will never be but I love all the different techniques and ideas for my pages.

My only regret is that with my full time job it is really cutting into scrapping time and I should have gotten better organized but then when I read the challenge usually the idea for my layout starts so it has not been to bad. I am a couple behind but they are almost complete so hopefully this weekend I will get caught up.

MOC makes the love of creating layouts come out and I remember then why I am scrapping.

18. claireee323

claireee323 Member

It has been a few years since I've participated in any scrapping challenges, and doing the MOC as my "entrance" back into it is a little daunting, but it has renewed my love for the hobby and really has gotten my creative juices flowing. I'm really loving the challenge!

19. cestrada123

cestrada123 Well-Known Member

It's motivated me to want to buy more from the store! I don't buy much digital anymore...but I forgot how much fun all the little bits are! I'm loving the challenges so far and feeling motivated to try more techniques and cool stuff.

20. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

When I first checked in I wasn't motivated and didn't have the scrapping fever. It's been slowly growing on me. Today I woke up finally not tired and ready to tackle this challenge and few extra pages for DYD.