How has MOC motivated you?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by Scrapping with Liz, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

@Scrapping with Liz Great blog post!

Last year was my first year. I basically just jumped in and hung on for the ride. Everyday I started with a blank slate with no clue what to expect or what I wanted to scrap. Somehow I got it all done and I love my pages (well... most of them... lol!). This year I am much more organized and have been doing really well with checking things off of my scrapping to do list! I have several unscrapped events from 2016 that I need to get finished for my PL books and about half of DYD still to do. Before MOC started, I made sure to list them all out on a page in my notebook. I consult that list with each new challenge. Sometimes none of my to do list items fit the challenge, but most of the time, they do. I'm now one event away from having book 2 (of 3) ready to print and I'm still plugging away at DYD. I think, without this plan, I would be freaked out doing MOC with all of those unfinished projects hanging over me... but having a plan and looking at them as MOC material has definitely lowered my stress level. I've even been able to start PL 2017 pretty much guilt free! I love MOC!!!

claireee323, Karen, mrs2a50 and 4 others like this.
  3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I haven't caught the fever yet. But I am caught up. I've had a very mild cold but enough to make me sleepier on those days so MOC at least gets one layout done. Your pages are so great. Love the one about coming to get you.

Sokee and Scrapping with Liz like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love that you are working with a theme to get MOC done and move forward in your books! You too @tkradtke !
    So far, I've been all over the place. It doesn't help that we just started homeschooling this week, and I teach at church on Sunday. I'm hoping to find more rhythm next week. I love MOC for the push to scrap daily. It becomes a habit, even if I don't sit down and scrap an MOC page, I have scrapped every day this month so far!

Now to get organized, and fill in those missing pages/projects!

5. Scrapping with Liz

@tkradtke I went into it with a plan to get as many of my China pages scrapped as possible. So, the motivation to get those done has helped.

@bestcee We slowly started back to homeschooling this past week. We'll be in full swing next week with some pretty major medical appointments. I'm hoping I can keep it up. Plus a few of my kids have been sick this week, which can be exhausting...but it's actually helped because they just lay on the couch all day! Ha!

@carilyne Hope you feel better soon. Being caught up is a good accomplishment!

bjthomas likes this.
  6. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

I am working on some goals - have a couple of books going and one is almost done. I try to fit the challenges into what needs to be done, but don't get stressed if I have to just make a page because that's fun too! After last year, I started a book called "About me" where I am gathering pages I make for challenges that don't fit into my family books (they are usually the personal ones or "best of", "favorites" type things) - thought it might be something I print one day.

mrs2a50 and Scrapping with Liz like this.
  7. sparagus

sparagus "I accidentally slept with a call girl"

I got SO much done with motivation from MOC when I did it in 2013. It's fun and challenging! I have scrapped very, very little in the last couple of years because of school, my dad's death, and crazy schedules. I have missed it a lot, and I have determined that I'm going to make time for it - it's therapeutic and meaningful. That said...MOC this year is my jump start to that resolution. :) Yay!

8. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I'm making pages after ages!!!! I was crazy busy for the last two months thanks to a big move and my brother's wedding - so I haven't scrapped anything in weeks! - first for me so feels weird to say! So am happy I'm starting with a bang thanks to MoC

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my goal all year is to be done with the previous years books (I print 2 months at a time) before the current month is over! lol,I am about done with Jan and Feb 2016. My goal is to finish the last page and upload it to Shutterfly and be a month ahead for 2017! woo hoo

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I think the motivating effect was stronger for me last year, when it was my first time and I hadn't been scrapping much for a couple of years. See, it kept me scrapping all through 2016, hardly ever slowing down. Well, I didn't make 31 pages any other month but I ended up with an album at the end of the year that was thicker than I'd ever made before!

This time around I'm keeping up easily so far, even with getting back into our regular schedule this past week. I don't have any specific projects I'm working on. I just like the inspiration or jump start every challenge assignment gives me and I scrap as many of my pictures as I can. No way I could ever scrap them all -- there are so many -- but any amount is better than none so I'm happy.

11. Scrapping with Liz

All of these things are so true. I do feel like I'll keep up this scrapping mojo throughout the whole year. It's even inspiring me to join in some of the other monthly challenges.

elk2009 likes this.
  12. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I haven't made anything yet, but it's definitely made me finally active in the forums. It's about time since The Lilypad has been one of my favorite stores for years.

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love that MOC takes me outside my box. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a scrapping rut and all my pages start looking alike. MOC challenges me to do different things, and I love it!!

14. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

What I really love about MOC is it takes me out of my comfort zone and I always learn something new. This year I already learned how to put Styles onto my software. I never even researched how to do it before. And if not for MOC I'm sure I wouldn't of learned as my new software is sitting on my desk just waiting for my new tower to be delivered.

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

@IntenseMagic Yes, I love getting out of my same ol' rut.
    @Sokee This is the first time I've loaded new styles in a long time. I even had to do a little shopping & get some new ones!

16. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I make it a challenge with myself, to push myself. I've been pinning a lot of paper scrap pages and working on my shadows through that.

17. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I've been scrapping a very long time so it's easy to churn out the same type of page over and over again. MOC makes me more intentional and thoughtful abt my scrapping vs. just jumping in and winging it like I usually do. :)

18. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I've been requiring myself to do the challenges in order. This helps me when a really hard day (#6) doesn't quite get done but an easy to do day (7) is sitting there waiting for me... Overall, I am super excited that not only have I scrapped my MOC pages, but I have also made one of them a double spread, and done a couple others that were inspired or paired up with stuff I was already doing for MOC! This means my mojo is really kicking in, which is exactly why I wanted to give it a shot, so I am very happy!

But, also, after a long while of spending very little $ scrapbooking, I have spent a lot more in the last week than I have in a WHILE and hubby is starting to give me the side eye, lol!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

19. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

This is my 4th (!!) year doing MOC and I am loving it more than ever. I went in with a game plan this year... similarly to you, Liz... and am basing all my pages/layouts around my trip this fall to Thailand/Laos. Doing it with a plan in my mind already definitely cuts down on the time I used to spend thinking through all my thousands of pictures for the "right" one. Now I only have to look through a couple hundred (LOL). I also have my Lilypad kits tagged so the first ones I go to are the travel kits. I want to try to use all the kits I buy and not use the same ones over and over, so once I use a kit, I put it into a "used" folder.

Scrapping with Liz and mrs2a50 like this.
  20. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

I'm absolutely loving it! This is my first MOC. Every morning I let the dogs out, grab my cup of coffee and do the current challenge (and try REALLY hard not to buy another kit). I'm new at scrapping and really only started a few months ago with the monthly challenges here) so this has really been fun. Not feeling any stress or pressure...just anxiously awaiting the next challenge! I've even started to save some of my pages as 12 x 12's to possibly print some day...ya never know!