How do you keep track of the MOC challenges?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by bestcee, Jan 12, 2017.

1. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I have one of the MS office sticky notes on my desktop - I use one each month for the monthly and designer challenges anyway.

I have a list 1-31 and type in the challenge name as they are made live. When I have done one I write "DONE" next to it. I am a bit OCD about posting in my MOC layout thread in order, so if I haven't done my pages in order I don't upload them into that thread until I can put it in order - for those I put an * to remind me.

I love the sticky notes function I use it for lots of things at home and work.

bestcee likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have my handy dandy excel spreadsheet to keep track all of the things. :giggle

3. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I have them in a never closing word document. I type them in (including the instructions) and then use strike through when I complete and post them.

bestcee likes this.
  4. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

As I do all of my to-do lists, I write the name of the challenge on sticky tabs, and put the tab on the due date in my agenda. When they are done, I rip out the sticky tab. It's fun!

For MOC, I'm putting the "due date" as the day of the challenge, even though they are all due Feb. 2.

bestcee likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I haven't had any trouble with them. And I've been making them sometimes long for years.

6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

My January month spread in my planner has all the challenges listed on the day, and I have a box to check off when I completed it.... except I put stickers to make it prettier, and now my pens won't write on the sticker :giggle
    but... for some reason I've put it in my head to go in order this year. I know I posted #9 yesterday, so today I start with #10. I would like to do this until I run into another I just can't get past for a bit... the first one I had with that was the inspiration board, but I waited till I finished to move on. As we get further into MOC, and if I get too far behind, I worry I wouldn't finish in time. So... if it happens again, I may run into the problem of needing to keep track. so far, I haven't used any CT layouts for challenges having to wait to post. but if I do... well... another reason to track. LOL

7. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Wow. I usually just open the challenge thread, open a tab for the gallery, one for the store and one for my MOC layout thread. I post in the gallery then go and copy my link to the challenge thread and my MOC layout thread right away. Then I'm done. ROFL

I already have lists for lots of other things, so I don't need any more. lol

8. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I use OneNote. I have a whole MOC5 page. There's a table with the list of challenges and my progress, a list of ideas of photos that I might be able to scrap, some journaling for a challenge that I haven't gotten to yet, etc. I like this setup because if I get inspired when I'm at work, I can quickly jot down some notes or some journaling and it automatically syncs with my computer at home.

bestcee, fruitysuet and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  9. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

You all are so much more organised than I am! I remind myself through these little scribbles in my note book that i called notes! lol :) I try not to comment in the challenge post at all - then the icons are my guiders plus the layouts thread. I dont have a clear cut system so to say but what i have - works for me! :)

enjoyyourpix and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  10. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I might just be a little MOC OCD! I have a spreadsheet where I'm recording each challenge (in date order), which template and kit(s) I've used, where it's posted.

I've also been doing this to keep track of all my CT layouts, too. It makes it much easier for those teams that require me to post the links to those layouts.
    web_Screen-Shot-2017-01-13-at-11.33.52-AM.jpg
    web_Screen-Shot-2017-01-13-at-11.38.33-AM.jpg

angiekey, Cath_, Sokee and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I have a folder called MOC 2017 which I place all completed ✅ layouts and works in progress are placed there also.

12. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I am a spreadsheet girls. I have a tab for MOC in my "Ideas for Photobooks" spreadsheet. I put in the jist of the challenge, if I've done it and if I've posted it (or ideas of what I'm going to do for it). This is also where I keep the outlines for my photobooks so I can see what is and isn't done. I have a whole separate spreadsheet for credits!

bestcee likes this.
  13. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

that cool, but i no ct, but could see doing something like that

14. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I use Google Keep on my phone and have a checklist there.

15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

A MOC 17 uploaded folder,and a current Lo in the Craft Artist program. You can have many pages open in one ,in that program.

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

A desktop Folder that started with a week's worth of challenge folders. Challenge 1, Challenge 2 etc. Then as each folder was filled I put the 3600 print size in a MOC Print Folder and the other folders in a Done Folder. Saturdays I add the 7 folders for the upcoming week. This is pretty much the same process I do with Project Life. I can also see that the done folder and the print folder have 13 items which is right where I should be. the rtf file is my list of credits for each layout.

I too don't like to look at the rest of the challenge folder until I've come up with my idea unless I'm really stumped. So far that hasn't happened. Mentally I really felt this was the day for the - ugh - double page one. Oh well..oh to #14.
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 2.53.39 PM.png

17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

in my planner of course - i highlight in yellow when i know what i am doing/or it is in progress, add the green when it is done - and put the pink star stamp next to it when it is posted/shared!

[​IMG]

(allison pennington's little MOC tracker from Designer Labels is there too! bc it looks pretty!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AllisonPennington likes this.
  18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I should put a little pink star on my folders! bwahaha :lol

19. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

I totally do this too! Although I don't use the strike through anymore... last year I did different colors if I was finished. This year, I just have it all in the same color and can just see in my MOC5 folder if I have the completed layout saved as a JPEG.
    Although I am absolutely LOVING @djp332's spreadsheet!!!

djp332 likes this.
  20. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I have a list in my bullet journal. When I complete a challenge, I get to colour in the little square pink !