How crazy was your weekend outside of iNSD?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, May 3, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I was just wondering how many people had crazy-filled weekends even without iNSD. I'd love to hear what things you also had planned or to do. I've heard that people had sport competitions or events and quite a few other things that got in the way of their scrapping. So, what about you?

I'll start! The first weekend of May is traditionally a busy one, and sometimes busier depending upon where it falls. This year things were a little bit more sane due to the shutdowns where things were shifted online or cancelled, but it was still busy. Here's what was also taking up my time:

1. Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival: Sat-Sun. Even though it was online I didn't "go" to it because I simply have too much knitting and needle felting wool that I didn't need more. Otherwise it's a must-do.
    2. Mr. Jefferson's Garden Party at Colonial Williamsburg: Friday night. It was cancelled this year so I didn't have to worry about trying to fit it in!
    3. Revolutionary War Weekend at Mount Vernon: Sat-Sun. I had long-standing plans to visit this on Saturday, so that's where I was.
    4. My son and father-in-law's birthdays: Thankfully they fell closer to next weekend this year!
    5. Virtual JaneCon: Fri-Sun. This was a new event that I didn't even have a chance to think about. It is a people who created some sort of YouTube video having something to do about Jane Austen, and they were posted just about every hour throughout the weekend. Thankfully most of them will be on people's channels so I can look at them at my leisure.
    6. One more thing that I can't remember about simply because I was so sad I was missing it. Maybe I'll think of it soon and I'll update this list with it. lol!

2. QuiltyMom

3. spcoggs

spcoggs Well-Known Member

Kisses for Bart!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  4. spcoggs

spcoggs Well-Known Member

Things are still relatively quiet here in NC. My main weekend was iNSD and going to a local consignment sale. Otherwise I was cleaning house! Not very exciting. :)

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I thought my weekend would be full of scrappy time, but that didn't turn out to be the case lol
    Thursday, we spent all evening putting together a basketball hoop and picked up my grand-dog to sit for the weekend.
    Friday, we mowed the lawn all evening after work.
    Saturday, I cleaned up the house and then picked up my granddaughter who spent Sat night and all day Sun with us. I took her and the dog home about 8 last night.

6. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I worked long shifts most of the weekend... but did get sat afternoon to spend in sunshine with family

G.J. likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

OOh - a consignment sale! Did you find anything good? Do tell!

Lots of grand-sitting! I also take it you have a large yard?

Yay for sunshine! It's always a good thing to cheer the soul. Hope you had a good time relaxing!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. QuiltyMom

9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Not very large, just 1/2 acre, but it's all on a slope no matter which way you go lol and lots of trimming that has to be done. I push mow it because I enjoy the exercise and time in my own head or headphones. I've had riding mowers in the past, but part of it always has to be pushed anyway and I get to log lots of steps. I was actually in a step competition with some friends that day :)

QuiltyMom likes this.
  10. QuiltyMom

You'd really get in a good workout that way!

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

My weekend flew by. I hung out with hubs and caught up on a few shows and spent lots of time with the dogs. I'm potty training Remi and also good manners training with her so it is very time consuming. I got out to the dog park on Sunday for the afternoon and it was a blast. My daughter brought her pup, Bella and there were also about 10 other small dogs there. It was Remi's 3rd time at the dog park so she was a bit more comfortable this time. So fun to watch. The weather was beautiful all wkend, warm and sunny.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. QuiltyMom

Puppy time is always a good time, especially when you can be outside with them. And I love watching dogs at the dog park, especially when they have fun playing together. It always makes me smile!

13. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Bart! You almost got lost! Kiss!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  14. LivyBug

I made sure I had nothing going on this weekend. I was only away from the computer to eat, sleep, or take care of the dog. :giggle

QuiltyMom likes this.
  15. LivyBug

I want to hear about the consignment sale too @spcoggs ! I miss thrifting.

16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My hubby and I actually went away for 2 nights. He's been CRAZY busy at work. Working all week and then weekend nights too for the last several months. He finally had a weekend with no work so we took off! I had to sacrifice my iNSD weekend though...but it was worth it. ;) We both needed a little break.

We went to Chimney Rock and stayed in a nice little Inn. Went hiking the first day, and I ended up falling and dislocating my finger! So, we had to drive 30 minutes to the closest urgent care and get it taken care of (we thought it was broken originally - it looked so bad - although it didn't hurt too bad). Anyway, so we made a nice little memory with that incident. Haha! But overall it was a great weekend.

meganmecrazy and QuiltyMom like this.
  17. QuiltyMom

Yay for getting away but I'm so sorry about your finger!! Ouch. I've wanted to go to Chimney Rock someday - it's on my bucket list of places to visit! I hope your finger heals fast!

18. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Yes! So crazy lately! And of all the weekends my kids had to have dance competition the same weekend as iNSD :( So I didn't get to do as much as I wanted to. Hoping to get some last minute scrapping done! :)

QuiltyMom likes this.
  19. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Bart's weekend was filled with kisses!
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom likes this.
  20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

kiss

QuiltyMom likes this.