Hospitals...I hate them

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mummyd, Jun 26, 2016.

1. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

Thursday my little dude (son) was due to go into hospital for a small operation (Orchidopexy)
    was only ment to be about an hour in surgery but due to some minor issues locating and positioning he spent a lot longer under, to which he was poked around a lot more and had a bigger incision in the groin area bless him, when he was finally out of theatre he came round very sore and being autistic and non verbal did not help the matter.
    He was like jeckel and hyde, one moment all nice next he was punching, kicking, biting and shouting very loud, he was given a mild sedative and some morphine for the pain, which took around 25 mins to work as he was so upset, once it started to work it then went all horrible, Aiden went blue and then stopped breathing for a few moments, once the doctor got him back round again he was back to his normal self, demanding juice and food.
    Due to all these issues a normal day case in and out operation ended up with him staying in hospital and being kept in over night to be monitored to make sure the morphine was all out of his body.

Can safely say I do not like hospitals.......... but glad we are home and Aiden is on the mend, all be it very swollen and sore and walking like he been riding a wooden horse for years.

A much need operation, but one I do not want to repeat in a hurry or ever again.

Mylinn likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh my word! That's a difficult procedure in the best of circumstances. Poor little guy! I'll be keeping him in my prayers (and you, too!).

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Sorry he had to go through that and I imagine with his condition it does make it even more difficult. To many hospital free days ahead!

4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

How scary! And poor little guy. Hope he is on the mend quickly and things get back to normal.

5. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Poor guy and momma! That is so scary when things don't go as expected. Glad you are home again

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Omygoodness... Speedy recovery for him, and I hope it all goes smoothly now. How scary! Hugs!

7. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

oh dear!! I'm so happy to hear that he is home recovering now!!

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So glad he is home. Hope he is feeling better soon.

9. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Oh gosh, I feel your pain, it must be soo devastating for all of you. I hope you get some hospital-free time now.

10. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

How stressful for you! Poor little man, hospitals are awful.

11. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Oh no. That is horrible for you all. :( So sorry you had to go through all of that. Hugs to you.

12. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

Bless him, what an ordeal, hope he makes a quick recovery :beat

13. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Poor guy. I can't stand hospitals or doctors, and I'm old enough to get it that we need them. I can imagine kids must be scared half to death.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That sounds terrifying! I'm so glad that he's recovering and back at home now.

15. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

That is a horrible story. It's hard enough to watch anyone you love go through severe discomfort like that, but when it is someone who is unable to communicate with you like your son, well I can only imagine. We Mothers wear our heart on our sleeve. I remember when my daughter was little, I couldn't watch her get an immunization without tearing up right along with her. Bless you!

16. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I'm so sorry. I hope he feels better very quickly.
    My boss & I were brainstorming yesterday on aides for non-verbal children. I work for a big hospital. We were talking about making a picture chart for allergy testing. Like, pictures that describe how/where things hurt and what to expect during the visit. Sometimes one little change can help a lot.

bestcee likes this.
  17. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

How frightening for both of you! Glad he is home resting now!

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

What a wonderful thing to do Jess! I wonder if any of the Childrens' hospitals have such things. I'll ask my one dil who had a daughter who died of cancer (age 6) at a Childrens' hospital.

19. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

I'm so sorry you both had to experience this! I'm not fond of hospitals either and we've never had an experience quite like this. All of the procedures my children have had went relatively smooth, but were still difficult. I can't even imagine! Thankful that everything turned out okay in the end and praying for a smooth recovery for him (and you) from this point forward.

20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

gonewiththewind likes this.