Hi, from where ever the military sends us.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by sandsock, Mar 4, 2016.

1. sandsock

sandsock If you need me I'll be on my island

I have been visiting the Lilypad off and on for several years, always amazed at the creativity here. I finally made myself try the MOC. (I'll use the badge when I know I did it all right.) I am an introvert and I have always felt welcome here, even if I am not very chatty. My sweet husband is in the military and I have two boys, scrapping has given me a way to take a community with me where ever I go. It is nice to see names/faces that recognize, even after we move again.

2. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

nice to have continuity, I have moved a country, so I kinda know what you mean. Welcome to the Lilypad. Looking forward to seeing your pages.

3. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Welcome to the Pad! :) We're a military family, too, so I understand that need for community! I'm also an introvert and am in and out of the forums. This place is incredibly welcoming! I just know you're going to love it here!!

4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Welcome! My daughter is married to someone in the military. Newlyweds they are. She will be moving in about 6 weeks. Glad you were able to finally say hello here!
    :heartlub

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am the extreme extrovert, but have intense training from my precious introverted friends...they show me to keep my hands out of their bubble and yet I can still be excited and loud..just not so close..tee hee
    grew up as a Navy Brat, didn't join the Navy, but stayed a brat and joined the Air Force!
    So so glad you are here, and took the time to introduce yourself. May this continue to be a place of continuity for you!

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

What's not to love? We introverts can unite . . . separately . . . in our homes! LOL I'm an introvert that can handle some circumstances of being "out there in the public" but I definitely have to have a lot of down time to recharge.

So glad you are here . . . from wherever you are! And thank your hubby for his service and thank YOU for your service! My brother is an Army Ranger stationed in Savannah, GA, and I know from my sister-in-law that what she does definitely builds my brother up and gives him confidence that she can handle things when he is gone. I'm sure you do the same!

[​IMG]

7. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I love your perspective on being able to take the community with you wherever you go!

8. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello and welcome to the lilypad!

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome to the forums! Such a great way to look at TLP - A community on the go! I'm introverted... until I get to know you a little. I'm very unsure of myself, but then when I know that I am in good company, I can be my silly happy strange little self.

10. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

How does an extrovert become an introvert? Cause that is what has happened to me. I use to be so outgoing and fun person and now I don't even want to leave my home. Oh I still enjoy people and can have fun, but I just love my alone time at home and be able to shut the world out and get on line with my Lily Pad buddies!!! And am so glad you have joined us here.

11. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Glad to have you here! And YAY for MOC... if you completed all of the challenges, ROCK that siggie, chica :) You deserve it! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

12. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I have become an extreme introvert but I am learning to slowly reenter the world. This place has helped me a lot. It's a pretty safe place. Welcome.
    And like Jen said if you did all 31 challenges grab the badge. You would have heard by now if there was one that needed to be improved. So you did it!!! Congratulations

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome, Welcome!
    I love the way you look at the Lilypad! Thanks for taking us with you. I believe I read on one of your pages that you homeschool? We have a lot of homeschoolers here as well. Thank you for your family's service to the country.

14. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

What a wonderful way to describe the forums! It's lovely to see you here. I'm a bit hit and miss on the chatty side, when my depression is bad I go quiet, other times I jump in and join in the conversation when I feel I have something to add. I'm not great at small talk though. But, like you, I always feel welcome here myself.

15. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Welcome to the Lilypad, and I love that visual of you taking this community with you wherever you go! :)

16. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

Welcome to the Pad! So happy to have you with us.

17. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hey sweetie! so lovely to see you here and looking forward to seeing your page with your two adorable little guys! :)

18. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Welcome to the pad! So glad that you feel at home here. I grew up in a military family, my Dad retired about the time I graduated high school. I do so appreciate your family's service and sacrifices!

19. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Love this!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  20. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully