Hi from Finland!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by tape, May 10, 2016.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

How Exciting!! I would LOVE to visit Finland someday! My grandparents came here from there. And my mother's family too. So I'm mostly Finnish, some of my favorite things to do when I'm not scrapbooking is searching antique/re-sale shops for either Arabia dishware and iittala and as they are very hard to find here in the states I treasure each one I find!

2. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Welcome! Helsinki looks like a beautiful city...Looking forward to seeing more of your passion the gallery! :)

3. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Stay stay, you'll enjoy it here!!!
    We are like a digifamily and you'll have fun!

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

wonderful; that you "landed" here !!! I can assure you: this is the very BEST place ever... I was in search of a scrap home when I lost mine for almost 4 years...couldn't find a place that felt like home, I was in lots of teams and posting in many places but not one place had that "thing" that make you call home...until I arrived into this community...almost 4 years now and I have made the most amazing friendships, got the most amazing scrap stuff ever..... !!
    Look forward to getting to know you better, and if there is anything at all we can help you with, just give us a shout :) I'm in England so I am generally awake when you are... (well, I am generally awake most than I should too LOL)

One of my best Brazilian friends in London is married to a Finish guy, I had the chance to meet a lot of the community here but never been there, but judging by your government, the whole overall look to the country and the people I have met...you guys are amazing!!!!!!!! When my daughter finishes Uni, I may do a Scandinavian cruise!!!

welcome to the Pad's family!!!!! :cheer:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome. Grab a chair, get cosy, stay. We are a friendly bunch. There are lots of ways to increase your stash from Lilypad designers apart from the shop itself,though that is pretty good on Wedensdays when there is something old something new sale at 50%.
    Many do a freebie in their newsletters or on their blogs, too.
    Your pages look great,love your photo crop too.

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Tervetuloa! I had a beginning Finnish course many years ago :)

7. tape

tape Active Member

Kiitos! It was nice to read that some of you have connections to Finland. :) MrsPeel, I may be awake later than you, I'm a true night owl! ;) Our current government is frankly hideous but I'm hoping the next one will be more tolerable again. Sokee, I love Iittala too - my favourite is the Taika/Magic series with the magical owls and foxes in blue!

lorryfach likes this.
  8. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

fun! I have a couple of the Taika series too! I use the cup/saucer my daughter gave me before she moved, she knows how much I love it!

9. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

10. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hello and welcome to TLP! :)

11. MrsPeel

well, looking forward to getting chatting with you!!!! your gallery is amazing, love having you around...hope you will come over to the chats... I am an insomniac so I sometimes make it to the chats that are at 2am my time (I think 3 am yours?) but we have chats at all times in the day, so if you are up for any of those, give me a shout, would love to chat live with you!!!!!!!! it is a delight to have you being part of the family!!!!!!

12. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Welcome to our Pad.

13. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome to The Pad. So glad you found us! :)

14. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi and welcome to the Lilypad!

15. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

A BIG Lilypad welcome!

16. tape

tape Active Member

I'll definitely have to check out the chats! 2am your time is 4am mine and that's pushing it even for me, but maybe one of the other ones would doable :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. MrsPeel

there are chats a lot earlier than that!!! when I do chats, hosting, I am on 8 pm my time, that would be 10 pm for you, right? but there are earlier chats, I ll look up the schedule for this month and try to get to one of the European afternoon times.... This month is a bit complicated for me as I'm loaded with doctors/hospital appointments and I'm sorting some legal bits, but will try my best, I ll give you a shouT!!! <3

tape likes this.