Hi from Australia!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Chippi, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hi everyone! I have been active here for a little over a week now, so I thought I should introduce myself!
    My name is Christie, but I usually go by Chippi. I am 28, I live in Tasmania, Australia. I am married to my high-school sweetheart and we have two kids, Melody who just turned 7 and Bellamy who will have his first birthday in February. You will get to know those two pretty well because they are the main focus of my scrap pages.

I have been scrapping since just after Melody was born, and SO has been my home for pretty much all of that time. I was a little hesitant to find a new home, but I knew I needed to because I thrive on challenges, I barely scrap unless it is for a challenge. I was looking at the Lilypad, and I really liked what I saw, and as soon as I heard that Scrapping with Liz was setting up shop here, I was sold. Everyone has been so welcoming to us SO refugees, and I have had some absolutely lovely comments on my layouts. I am very happy to be here!

I am hoping that I can revive my scrapping mojo this year (more hoping that my little boy will let me!!) but we will see how it goes.

Also... I talk a lot, lol, so I apologise in advance <3

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome Chippi! It's so nice to see you over here! I'm a complete closet (shhhh) Liz stalker! Perfect month to join for challenges! lol!

Hugs, while it isn't SO, and different, it is a wonderful and supportive community!
    I lurked for a long time before I jumped in!

Chippi likes this.
  3. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Hi there @Chippi ! Oh I LOVE Tasmania, especially when it is Summer here in QLD haha! Although you had some hot days over Christmas if I remember correctly!
    Anyway enough weather talk! Welcome to the Pad, I am so glad you have decided to make your digi-home with us here and it is always WONDERFUL to meet another Aussie scrapper!

Chippi likes this.
  4. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Welcome Chippi! yes I am with Amanda, I love Tassie as well! I am in northern NSW. So happy to see you here! and if you thrive on challenges, have you joined the MOC4 challenges? super fun!

crystalbella77 likes this.
  5. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

And Ona @wombat146 can I just say I am soooo happy to be seeing more of YOU around here too! You are one talented scrapper my friend!

6. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

Another familiar face, hi Chippi, you will love it here

amandac likes this.
  7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Hi! I remember you from my SO days :) Welcome to TLP!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome! So glad that you gave us a chance and that you're sticking around. Just so you know, I was over the month happy when Liz decided to come here too! :)

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Chippi, show us your face! tee hee, so glad you are here, and hope you find a comfortable place here to play!

10. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

11. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

Welcome to TLP, @Chippi! Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and in the gallery!

12. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

@Chippi, Welcome to TLP! So glad you have decided to make this your new home. As a challenge lover you picked the perfect time to get involved! :)

13. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Hi @Chippi ! I remember you from SO! Welcome to TLP. Talkers are good, keeps things interesting!

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi Chippi! {I'm waving furiously at you!} First, how is Bellamy almost 1?!?!? Oh my gosh! I remember when you were just (im)patiently waiting for him to come! And now he's almost one? Crazy!

Welcome welcome! I'm loving all the challenges this month, and I hope you get to participate in some of them!

15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hey Christie! So nice to see you again!

16. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

17. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

oh we are delighted to have you!!!!!!!!!
    Love challenges too and here we have some amazing ones every month here (so when MOC finishes in Feb you will have many to have fun!!!!!)

I bet you can't beat ME!!!!! :giggle:giggle:giggle

I'm Brazilian but live in London now for 25 years.... funny thing, my very first friends here were Australians, we are friends to this day!!!!! I reckon our cultures meet in many things...so we are very chatty... my Latina thing on top of that... I use 15 words to say what you guys would use 5 in English:giggle

so, if I'm driving you mad, just ask me to shut up !!!! I can be a good listener too :heartlub

welcome, a very big hugg and let us know if anything we can help you with!!!!!:heartlub

18. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

It's so great having you join us!! Welcome, welcome!!

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome Chippie! so awesome to have you join us!

20. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Welcome to TLP!