Here we go again---

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by NancyP, Jan 11, 2018.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Here comes Hunter with his Wintery Cold fangs out, heading across North and Central America!! Northeast is going to get it again. We had 45 and rain all day so a lot of our snow is gone, BUT we have HUGE puddles and it will dip below freezing tonight and stay that way for at least the next 10 days. So you know what the puddles are going to turn into! I will be able to ice skate on my lawn tomorrow!! Stay safe everyone in the effected areas.

LoveItScrapIt and cfile like this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I think I will stay in my nice summer country but at times I think it would be nice to experience the snow and ice maybe just for..... one day. :)

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

You stay safe too Nancy.. we have had the same and I think we will be getting it again on wednesday. This gets old fast!

4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

This weather is just wild! Here in the Dallas area it was in the 50's, sunny and calm this morning, but now it's 36°F (feels like 23), the wind sounds like it's trying to blow the house down, and they're saying some areas could be getting snow/ice tonight. So far it's not supposed to hit our immediate area, and I hope it stays that way. My son has only had his license for 5 months and I don't want him making that 25-minute drive home after classes tonight in the dark on slick roads with crazy Texas drivers. :eek:

Stay safe and warm, everyone!!!

5. NancyP

I am cracking up over Memphis TN. Right now they are at 63 degree and they are getting ready to go under a winter storm warning! Really??????? Just found out we are getting snow tomorrow. SO--icing up all night and then a blanket of snow on top of the ice. This gal ain't goin' anywhere tomorrow!!!!!

cfile and bestcee like this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@NancyP - We are having an unusually mild winter here in Utah. I like less snow, but my hubby wants it to snow so he can go skiing more. We got him and one of the girls a season pass this summer so hopefully we'll get our money's worth out of them this winter.

@KimJ - I hear ya on the teenage drivers. Even though my DD is good driving, I worry about everyone else out there hitting her. It's especially bad when we don't have snow and then all of the sudden we get a storm and everyone has forgotten how to drive in snow. Seriously, slow-slow down and give more room in between cars people! Even 4WDs can't stop on a dime, especially in the snow.

Safe safe everyone!

KimJ likes this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

This weather has been insane. We're actually supposed to be warm tomorrow but just an hour or two away it's supposed to be really bad. So who knows what kind of weather we'll end up with!

Stay safe. Stay home and scrap! :)

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm in an area that will have ice then snow on top of it with the freezing temperatures coming in on Saturday. I went to the grocery today and wore a heavy fleece top as my outer coat... it was in the 50's. Tomorrow is 36 then down to 19 on Saturday. We are under a winter weather advisory from 6 a.m. Friday until 10 a.m. on Saturday. Depending on which weather site I look at, we can have anywhere from 1 to 6 inches! But we will definitely have the "wintry mix"... rain and sleet in the morning with snow in the afternoon.

I have enough supplies (Dr Pepper) to get me through at least Tuesday so I don't plan on going out until at least Monday.

9. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

It keeps changing here in the southern Ohio valley -- 1 time it states 2-4 or upwards and then today on way home from work I heard 1 inch but ice first. Who knows what it will be so I will just get up Friday morning and see what it is like and just deal with what I have (doesn't do any good for me to worry since I can't control the weather).

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We are at 60 right now with rain and supposed to be 60 tomorrow with rain again all day. Then it drops to 20 tomorrow night and all freezes up :/. Teens and 20's for highs next week, then back to 60 next weekend. UGH. We might get a few snow showers Monday, but ugh, I am so over winter already!

cfile likes this.
  11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We had -33C (-27F) with a wind chill warning of -41C (-42F). They canceled the buses but kept the school open including any scheduled exams. So everyone had to scramble to get their kids to school this morning! It was very cold!

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That ice and snow sounds nasty Rene! @HavaDrPepper
    Hopefully it'll stay nice long enough to get home from school Jan!

We had rain this week - first in 100 days. But that's it. We are having the opposite problem of 60 F weather, and that's warmer than it should be here this time of year.

13. HavaDrPepper

May I ask where you live? I'm in west central Ohio and the snow amounts are constantly changing for me as well. Days like this make me so glad I'm now retired!

14. NancyP

@HavaDrPepper WOW, you sound like you are in my back yard!!! I am in Michigan, about 2 hours below the bridge.

15. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I live in Northern Kentucky but work downtown Cincinnati. I am originally from Lexington Kentucky and moved to the "north" as my family called it when I got married.

16. HavaDrPepper

Well, ladies, I am about 90 miles south of Toledo on I-75 (2 hours north of Cincinnati). If you have ever heard of Wapakoneta, that is where I am from. In fact, today's MOC challenge spurred me to do a layout about a specific day that is very important in my town's history... July 20, 1969. I didn't use TLP items so I can't post it.

17. NancyP

@HavaDrPepper Oh yeah! Ohio gets it good! I have friends in Ashtabula and they get buried with that Lake Erie lake effect snow. My hubby and I got caught on 75 in Ohio back in the 90s when that huge Nor'Easterner super storm hit. We were stuck in a motel off I 75 for 3 days!

18. HavaDrPepper

I am glad that I do not live in that area of Ohio! I have a friend that lives right off of Lake Erie and she loves all the snow they get. Me... not so much! Last I saw they were predicting over 8 inches of snow for them tomorrow.

19. NancyP

And with what they already have, WOW!!! Yeah, my friends can pretty much walk out of their home and fall into Lake Erie. I visited them once in Winter-----never again!!!!!!

20. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Here in NE Wisconsin, it was raining all day and the snow was gone. A few hours ago, snow started coming down. I don't know what it's going to be like in the morning other than temps back down in the teens.