Help with "torn" templates

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by zenjen, Jan 28, 2016.

1. zenjen

zenjen PIkes Peak Paradise

I bought these two items and I am having trouble using them. When I clip paper to the torn bits the white "tear" disappears and I have a paper the shape of the whole piece, but not a white torn edge. When i clip photos the the templates the folds and details disappear. How do i use these items and retain the cool details?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

PRD's Torn Treasures come layered - you should be clipping your photos or paper to the bottom layer

CLIP-LAYER.jpg

Valorie's A Bit Worn products all come with a file named "VW_HowToUseABWT.jpg" that has quick and easy directions for how to use the worn bits.

Hope this helps <3

enjoyyourpix and Karen like this.
  3. zenjen

Thanks @AllisonPennington :) I checked for the layers on the torn papers and it looked like there are none...when I take the torn paper from bridge to PS only one layer comes over. BUT if I open the torn piece separately and drag it onto my layout all the layers are there. Thanks for confirming there are layers, I knew that had to be the way it worked, phew.

As for the templates, I had seen and tried the directions and failed. lol I just went and tried again, I think I can see it now, probably just need to spend more time "playing" with the levels and opacity.

Thanks again!

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@zenjen I also have a video for how to use my torn templates (they aren't in the store here yet, but are on the way) ~ it might be helpful for you to see how to use the similar layered files in action. And now I'm going to have to go pick up both those products! Love 'em! LOL

StefanieS and enjoyyourpix like this.
  5. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

The levels is definitely the trick!! Depending on how light or dark your paper or photo is sometimes I mess with brightness also. Once you get it to work it'll be lightning quick every other time you do it and you'll get more comfortable seeing all the ways you can change the look of it. (I love all the Worn packs!!)

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have a video how to use the worn by Val Wibbens, I am taking kids to school, be back with it!

7. AnneofAlamo

8. zenjen

WOW, you ladies all rock! I am going to watch both videos now:) Sorry it seems so late to respond, but I am halfway around the world 13-16 hours ahead of you, lol

StefanieS likes this.
  9. zenjen

10. zenjen

This was great, thanks. Can't wait for these templates to come to the store, I'll definitely be picking them up:)

gonewiththewind likes this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

nooo! hmmm. I am stumped..but @lorryfach is my guru of all things I don't understand...my thought is a video player or flash player..you do need a Flash to play it I think??

12. zenjen

Maybe that's it, i don't think I can get flash...

13. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

If you didn't have Flash, I don't think you would even see the play button. You can try this just to be sure:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html
    There's a button at the top to find out if you have Flash.

Assuming you do have it... try closing your browser and opening it back up again.

And if you don't, what browser are you using and why do you think you cannot get Flash?