Help! Please!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Jan, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Do you have a kid in school (any grade or college)? You can get a student version for your naughty mac!

2. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Dalis, we don't have anyone in school right now. But that IS how we got the Photoshop CS5 in the first place! I think we had to pay between $400-600 for it at that time and it was going for a good $1000 to non students. We counted ourselves very blessed to have a student! She was taking a graphics class and they taught the whole Photoshop program to her in that class.

And THANK YOU!!! to all of you who have responded to me here! :yourock I'm so very grateful for your help. I've decided to get the $9.99 Photoshop CC/Lightroom combo and I'm so excited to get it! Tomorrow!! Can't wait to get started scrapbooking good again. It has been such a long, eventful year for us with our move and getting settled into our new life up here. So much to do and so much to learn!! Like this week we have learned that when it snows you keep your drive and front porch cement slab cleaned off every little bit! Like clear the snow off, give it two or three hours and do it again. Or you can be in big trouble if you don't! :helpy And you push the snow way away from areas you need access to! To make room for pushing back MORE snow when the storms come back to back. Or you are in big trouble!! :helpy:helpy Especially if it rains on top of all that snow!! It's very slick and icy!! And icy deep snow is harder to move. Got about 4 inches of snow last week :yahooand at least another 2 inches of snow or more today :yahooand now it's raining. It's good we have kids next door who have been here a while and come to help bail us out while we learn the ropes around here. They have been so good to us!! AND they have a plow on the front of an ATV!! So fun!! So they clear our parking space and drive and cement slab with it. :funfun

Again, thank you, Everyone!! So very much!! :bk

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Ugh. Trying to shovel wet snow (like snow that has added rainfall) is horrible. It weighs so much! And it's easy to forget how that whole "how to shovel" stuff is an adjustment for new residents.
    Anyway, ENJOY your PSCC subscription! It isn't too big of an adjustment and they have lots of tutorials/info, so you'll be scrapping in no time!

bestcee and Jan like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@Jan - Yay to getting PSCC/LR combo :) Good luck in your new home!! I can't wait to see all the new pages you make with photos from your new home/area and your using PSCC :)

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Happy Holidays to you!!!!!!

6. Jan

Thank you, Ladies! Hugs to all of you and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

cfile likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah Jan! Are you going to play in MOC? I hope so! It's the perfect time to get back in the scrapping habit.

This is gold! Find out if they like cookies and bribe them to keep doing it! We did that in MA with the guys across the street. Every time it snowed, I took over a big batch of homemade cookies to go with their coffee. I loved not having to shovel very often!

Jan likes this.
  8. Jan

Oh, I know! Right? Well, I think we come out about even at times. They have readily available babysitters at my house. Plus popsicle, licorice, fruit snack and candy cane treats they can drop in for anytime. And Grandma is always printing out coloring pages and such. It's all a win/win situation here. :bk

Haven't quite decided if I'm doing MOC this year or not. I want to. But I don't know if I can keep up with it or not. I guess I should go ahead and sign up and then if I end up not being able to it's all okay. Right? I still have a baby afghan to make before January is over. Third great grandbaby is on the way. The afghan for the second one is almost done. I'm on the last round of it. The "lacy" round. And it's turning out so pretty.

bestcee likes this.
  9. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Clearly I am very late to this and didn't read all the replies... but you can get your older OS back. Did it update to Mojave? You can use a time machine backup, or you can back up all your files (I keep mine clear mostly) and reformat which installs the last version of High Sierra. Riskier compared to going to a time machine back up. Call Apple Support and they will walk you through it.

I hate Adobe CC for the monthly cost but it IS worth every penny. I write mine off as a business expense now.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

You are going to love the cloud prescription for PS/LR. The monthly cost is a PITA but is worth it IMO. PSE is also great for scrapping (have tried it minimally) so if you ever decided you didn't like the monthly PS/LR cost, you could watch videos and learn how to scrap on PSE. It is totally doable. Have fun with PS and yes, you can participate in MOC and not do all the challenges, just the ones you can or want to.

11. Jan

Thank you, Ladies! I really appreciate your input. I am LOVING the new PS/LR program. To me it's well worth having the updated version. I thought about clearing out my computer but the guy told me that when I do that it will put the newest version of Mohave on it again. That I can't go back to the older versions. And we don't have our time machine hooked up right now. So I don't think it will help us.

Kat...I hope things go better for you and your home! Seems like the bad guys kind of win though when something like that happens. Unless your insurance people will kick in and see that things happen right. I hope the days ahead will be better.

Rae...I went ahead and signed up for MOC. I'm hoping I can do it. I've enjoyed it in the past. So hopefully I can work on it again. :)

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah!! I'm glad you signed up!
    It's one of those cool accomplishments. And you'll need a break from the afghan right?

Jan likes this.
  13. Jan

Finished the afghan this morning!! Just have to weave the ends in now. And now I can start on the next one. Baby is due in February. So if I hurry I have time. :) But I'll work on MOC, too.

bestcee likes this.
  14. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Photoshop CC is all I ever use. It is the full version, and there are many free plug ins that you can get through the subscription. I will never go away from Photoshop. Lightroom is great too!