Have you ever........

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Cherylndesigns, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

funny thing about speed scraps vs. slow scraps.... If I am doing a slow scrap my page will be done in record time, less than an hour usually 20 mins..... now..... if it's a speed scrap there is no way I can finish it in an hour, NO WAY!!!!

bellbird and Tree City like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks, Sara. I totally feel the same way about pages just not looking right and the criteria has been to use something that I wouldn't ordinarily use. I'm too much of a perfectionist, I guess. :)

Dalis and Tree City like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Yes. :lol:lol:lol

BevG, Dalis and Tree City like this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh, 100%. I get that.

I recently heard a saying--maybe you've heard of it--that said "Perfectionists don't stop when something is perfect. Perfectionists can't ever reach perfection." I was like "YESSSSS."

Dalis likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Laughing out loud again. This is SO me! I can always find something to pick at.

Dalis and Tree City like this.
  6. Dalis

When I could scrap with my sister it would drive her insane that I start taping everything down (paper scrapping) with my regular tape. She places stuff and then moves it and then moves it and then she tapes it with removable table and then keeps changing stuff while she adds stuff and AT THE VERY LAST MOMENT then she uses her permanent tape. I think I am almost the same way with digi. I do have a few pages that they just don't seem right and I will struggle and sometimes start but mostly start hiding layers to see if it "will survive" the trash box. LOL!!!!

bellbird likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

That's so funny, Dalis! I was the same way when I paper scrapped. Sometimes, I'd work on a layout for 2 days. I had my own scraproom and I just left a layout on my work table and kept going back and moving things around. The grandkids were trained to not touch anything that was on that table because it was a work-in-progress. I still do the same thing now that I digi scrap. I save frequently, but it's not unusual for me to work on a layout for several hours. I also leave it on the work area on PSE and look at it with fresh eyes in the mornng. If I still like it, then it's a go.

The speed scraps are really a major test for me because I am a slow scrapper. I enjoy the process of creating.

Dalis likes this.
  8. Dalis

I understand, I just loose interest fast, so I have to finish before it's not interesting anymore. LOL!!! SQUIRREL!!!!!

bestcee, bellbird and BevG like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

You crack me up! Your mind must be like our conversations around here. We speak in shorthand. You have to be quick to keep up. When I change the subject now, I say "plot twist". Bwahahaha

10. Dalis

OMG, I need to start using that! Love it... plot twist!

bellbird and Cherylndesigns like this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

It works! We all laugh when I say it. LOL

Dalis likes this.
  12. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

LOL! totally me too Dalis! Often when I have been working on a layout for a while and it's just not grabbing me I do what you do Dalis and turn off all the layers and then just start turning layers back on........ the ones that don't work get chucked! :) But Cheryl, like everyone has said, we all do have those layouts that we are not especially happy with and like a lot of other people I don't print those ones out, but I don't have the heart to delete them either! LOL! :)

Dalis and Cherylndesigns like this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

I definitely don't print all of mine. I put them in the "ready to print" folder, then weed through that folder when I'm ready to print. I also don't like to delete any of mine, even the ones I don't like. They go to an EHD. :)

wombat146 likes this.
  14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Yes. This usually happens at least once or twice during MOC.

I have zero problems or guilt with deleting a layout I don't love so I do that and move on.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

:yourock

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's pretty rare that I call a page finishes until I like it, but during a speed scrap or MOC it has happened. I either don't include it in my photobook when I print or I will go back and change it to my liking if I called it finished to meet a challenge requirement.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  17. Cherylndesigns

Great points! :)

Karen likes this.
  18. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

this happens to me very very often, I am not too confident , I mean, I think of me a a bit of miss & hit...every 10 pages of mine,7 are miss and 3 maybe hits.... sometimes I don't like it before I post so I struggle for year trying to fix it, but now time is of essence.... sometimes I just leave them as it is.... funny is, the ones I liked the less are the ones the world likes more
    :rofl
    [​IMG]

19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Sometimes I make a layout for a challenge I don't like. Sometimes changing something that was there specifically for the challenge but the layout would work netter with something else fixes it. I rarely have the tie to redo, and just leave the layout if it's not an easy fix.

kisses for Bart

20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!