Goodreads - Best books of 2015

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Ana.Paula, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I was just on a cruise and the book club selection was The Nightingale. It was very good, but I love historical fiction. I do recommend it.

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I have not read any of the books in the categories I read but I sure did get a lot of ideas for books to read.

4. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I feel pretty good. I've read lots of these. I'd have to vote for all too though. So many good books, so little time...

5. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

It's kinda cool that there are so many books in the lists by YouTubers this year. Some I don't like because I know they're mostly co-written and the YT'er trying to deny it. Some I love. I own a fair few and my absolute number 1 is The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire by my absolute favourite YouTubers Dan and Phil. I have the physical book, and am listening to the audiobook when I travel to and from work. Those two are my absolute favourite people in the world and I soooo want to meet them IRL. I'll stop now, my fond is showing.

I'm not so proud of the fact that those books are the only ones I've read this year. Well, I've read more, but none other that are on the lists this year.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  6. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Wow I read all the time and I have not read the large majority of these wow. I only voted in like four categories.

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Having just read The Fold by Peter Clines (which I saw on the list after having started reading it), if all the books were that good, it would be hard to choose. I don't know how many people could really vote in these things - the amount of hours in the day and the amount of books in the world (let alone those lists) just doesn't work for me, and if i've only read one book in a category, it's hardly a fair judgement...

8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

sadly i haven't read much of anything this year ... i will probably try to read one or two in Dec/Jan don't think I can swing anymore than that until Summer. Go Set a Watchman has been on my radar. Any one have a fave from the list of Best Fiction category.

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i haven't read 'After You', but Jojo Moyes is always good (makes me cry but good) but i imagine you'd need to have read Me Before You first as it's a follow up.
    Sophie Kinsella's Finding Audrey was my pick in Young Adult fiction - it's like RJ Palacio's Wonder to me

10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I haven't read Wonder. Although it comes up as a recommendation for me a lot. Will check out your suggestions Justine. Thank you!

11. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'm bummed to have missed the voting, but I went through the site and marked a bunch to read now. :)