Going through my gallery...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by amko22, Sep 29, 2014.

1. amko22

amko22 Active Member

I just read a page that I made a couple of years ago.
    [​IMG]

It makes me so thankful that I started this hobby.

About a year ago, I left my husband. And that was less than a year after we bought a house. And it kind of came out of nowhere (those things build up for a long time, but I don't think even I expected myself to go through with it).

I can barely believe that the last school layout I have is when he ended preschool. He is in first grade now! And doing wonderfully! And my last birthday layout was turning 28- I already tell people I am 30 and my birthday is not until March. So much can slip away when you get caught up in the day-to-day. I've been struggling with feeling down the last couple of months, and I have vowed to give myself something back. I work so much to provide for my son, and even though T and I are remaining friends and the divorce is going smoothly, it's so lonely. It feels like my son going through ABA was another lifetime ago. It's hard to look at him now and remember that once upon a time, he was barely verbal and we didn't know if he'd ever be able to live on his own or have a job. I have no doubts anymore, for sure. :)

The good and the bad, the exciting and mundane. I owe it to both of us to get back to documenting. :heartlub

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Amie! a big hug to you and I do believe this craft can be such a comfort! Looking forward to seeing more pages from you.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love how this hobby can be SO much more that just documenting our lives and memories. I sure hope that you are able to get back to it and enjoy it again too!

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i see a few new pages in your gallery!!! :)

it is very cool to look back on pages from the past and be reminded of how far we have come or how much things have changed ... you do forget living in the busy day to day of it all. hope you continue to reward yourself with scrapping because it is such a good thing and your pages are so lovely! welcome back ... hope you stay!!!

5. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Yes, I love how scrapping can be therapeutic at the moment, but also can remind us of where we've been and what's important to us. Hope you will keep creating and stick around at TLP - this is such a supportive and encouraging community!

6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Sounds like you have been through quite a lot these last few years. Welcome back to the Pad and to creating.

7. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Thank you for starting this thread and sharing how far you have come and how neat it is to look back on the good..bad...and ugly parts of life! A reminder to all of us on why we do this and how cool it is to document everything! Hugs to you and hope you can find some time to do something YOU love!

8. amko22

amko22 Active Member

Thank you, everyone. :) <3

9. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

sounds like you have had a lot to deal with,i hope that life gets better for you