Get Organised | Pad Patter 4/26

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Apr 26, 2024.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Today is "Get Organised" Day.

Do you consider yourself an organised person?

What tools do you use to keep yourself organised?

umyesh and Cath_ like this.
  2. littlekiwi

Yes to a degree. I'd say professionally I'm definitely more of an organised person than when I'm at home and have less urgent things happening. I definitely know though I could be more organised at home if I didn't also procrastinate on tasks I dislike

To do lists and calendars - I prefer paper options but tend to actually use digital options more consistently so that's what I've used for the past few years (Google Calendar, Notes app on phone (I used that on iOS but haven't found a great equivalent on Android yet), Sticky Notes on computer

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    Cath_ likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Do you consider yourself an organised person? Yes I do. I know where everything is and I put things back into their homes. I keep a diary to list what I need to remember.

What tools do you use to keep yourself organised? My phone, my diary.

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I think I'm fairly well organised. I have a desk diary which I put notes in for things that need to be done on certain days, or in a particular week. We have a wall calendar when things that affect the family are put so we all know what is happening - the children put their appointments and exams etc on it, and hubby and I put meetings etc on it. This prevents the clashes we used to get when my husband would plan something or agree to go somewhere and the children had something happening at the same time. We only have the one car.

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I used to be but sadly I'm not any more.

I use my phone calendar to manage tasks. I use my oldest daughter to help in our home lol

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Do you consider yourself an organized person? Yes, for the most part.

What tools do you use to keep yourself organized? I have a 2 year paper calendar (3 hole punched) that I keep in a 3-ring binder. Besides writing appointments/reminders on it, I have used it to note things I might have done that day (like changing batteries in Ring products). I've been using this type of calendar since 2019. I'm old school also in that I use paper lists for grocery shopping and to-do lists. I have a small notebook in my purse that I have put important information I might need if I'm out shopping and see something I want, I know sizes etc. I also use lots of spreadsheets to record important information and tracking of purchases for things like jigsaw puzzles (so I don't buy a 2nd one by mistake). And, I use OneNote to record info especially for scrapbooking.

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Do you consider yourself an organised person? :compcoffee I try, but I am rarely successful

What tools do you use to keep yourself organised? I have a planner that I haven't written in for months :giggle and post it notes everywhere at work.

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Yes, I consider myself organized. I make a lot of use of a digital calendar and the Reminders app on my phone. I deal with paper immediately usually, or it has a place to wait or be stored. I guess I have developed routine habits too, like always setting down my phone and keys in the same places depending on where I am.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I definitely love to be organized. I have lots of different methods, but to-do lists and my calendar are very high on the list of items to keep my tasks organized. As far as my house, I know where everything should go... problems arise when other people "help" put things away and don't put them back where they belong. :giggle

Even my junk drawers are pretty organized. I love little divided organizers to keep pens together, keys in one spot, paper clips, etc. Then it's SO much easier to find what you want and to know where to put things back when you're done. I recently bought a 3D printer and have the ability to make my own divided organizer trays now too, which I absolutely love!

10. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I consider myself fairly organized. I use a paper calendar and am a fan of sticky notes.

Where I run into trouble is when I put something "in a safe place." Funny thing is when I finally find an item "lost" in a safe place I immediately remember why I thought I'd remember its "safe place."

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love this!! And I've done it a few times myself!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  12. littlekiwi

Ah, the dreaded "safe place", I know that one all too well

bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.