Fun in the Sun | Pad Patter 5.25.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, May 25, 2023.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I really don't like the feel of sunscreen, so I do like you and try to do my outside work in the morning or in the evenings if possible. I also usually wear a visor with a brim to protect my face a little bit. I also have an awesome umbrella in the back yard that I use a lot too. If we do go to the beach or outside during the middle of the day, I like to wear like 110 SPF on my face and usually 50 on my shoulders. My hubby is very light skinned and burns easily so we try to keep ourselves hidden as much as possible.

umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Protecting your skin is definitely worth the cost!

3. umyesh

I forget about visors! I always have my hair up too so I’d probably do better with a visor.

4. umyesh

Yes to umbrellas. We’re headed to a softball tournament today so we’ll be taking the shade tent for sure.

5. umyesh

I’m with you and have to protect my face the most; my nose is a sun magnet!

Karen likes this.
  6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My floppy hat has a hole to pull your ponytail through. I’ve also just grabbed my hair and pulled it through the hole to get it off my neck.

https://www.outdoorstribe.com/products/foldable-sun-hat

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    umyesh likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

The problem with a visor is that the top of your head can burn... yes even with the hair. I always wore a visor but I had one experience of the top of my head getting sunburned. I could see the pink when I parted my hair. I would pull my hair back into a ponytail (so no part) when wearing the visor but it still burned. I will still wear the visor but only on my evening walks when I'm not directly in the sun (my walks are in an area with lots of trees).

The Coolibar hat I have is a convertible hat with a detachable drape to cover your neck. It also has a brim section that can be taken off to make it more like a visor. So essentially 3 hats in one! It goes on whenever I walk in direct sunlight.

umyesh likes this.
  8. umyesh

I haven't seen a floppy hat with a hole so thanks for the link!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  9. umyesh

I've definitely had the top of my head burn before and it's so annoying! That's another reason I prefer the spray sunscreen for heads/hair. That's awesome your Coolibar hat has different options!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love that hat! I might have to get one of these for myself! Thanks for the link!

Memaw2Wm likes this.