Foundation Pages - DYD 2018

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by Mrivas, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Hello, everyone!
    2017 was the first time that I ever made foundation pages for my December project. Since I don't do daily pages, my project starts the day after Thanksgiving and up until Christmas day or the day after. It's all about Christmas, Winter and all the fun leading up to it. I usually have many activities planned beforehand and that's where my foundation pages come in. I have an idea of what I'll be documenting and prepare those pages in advance. The designs from Document Your December help a lot with prompts and since it's all one color scheme it helps keep my album cohesive all throughout. There is less to think about, like what kits to use, and not having to make that choice is one less stress in December.

Last year I prepared my pages in advance, I still had the freedom to add or move things around so there was a lot of wiggle room for me. Preparing the foundation pages also made me think more about how many photos I wanted to take and the orientation (vertical or horizontal). It was a constraint I needed or otherwise I would have taken more photos than I needed to tell the story. By the time I started DYD all I had to do was add photos to my photo spots and journaling.

These are my foundation pages with the final page next to it, some of them I had to flip, rotate or make bigger changes but in the end I was able to enjoy December more and be finished with this project before the year was over:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are around half of the pages in my book, I never got around to posting them all. I had to make more pages in the end since my book was 30 pages total and more unplanned Christmas thing happened. I had so much fun working on this album and I hope you can find some inspiration here to maybe create some foundation pages if that works for you. I know that I can't wait to start mine for this year, I may have to turn on that Christmas music to get me in the Christmas spirit!

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am working on foundation pages! It's definitely what gets me through my project. I'm trying to do just a couple of simple pages a day from now until December starts and then I should be all ready to go!
    Here's a few I've done so far using the 6x8 templates by Designed by Soco and other goodies by Rachel Jefferies, Sahin Designs, Sahlin Studios, Etc. by Danyale, and Pink Reptile Designs

Day-1-preview.jpg Day-2-preview.jpg Day-3-preview.jpg Day-4-preview.jpg Day-5-preview.jpg Day-6-preview.jpg

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Holy cow. Ya'll are amazing - and inspiring!

Mrivas likes this.
  4. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Oh my goodness....you guys ROCK!!!! So prepared for this holiday season...I have much to learn!!

Mrivas likes this.
  5. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

@Mrivas last year it was the first time I saw digi-foundation pages from you! They are amazing and so clever. Pocket-alike but very creative and fun! :heartlub:heartlub

Mrivas likes this.
  6. Mrivas

Beautiful pages, they look so good already!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Mrivas

Thank you, I already have many in the process and they will be very similar. I find pocket style easier for me.

8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I remember those jaw dropping foundation pages! You really rocked it @Mrivas - and I love seeing the finished pages too! I wish I was as organized as you and @IntenseMagic. Stunning!

IntenseMagic and Mrivas like this.
  9. Mrivas

Thank you so much Jenn! :)

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

These are all just wonderful! I wish I was this organized.

Mrivas likes this.
  11. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

@Mrivas Your pages last year were so gorgeous - even without photos I was drooling over them...

I will only do one double page spread for this December and am working on the foundation right now.

Mrivas and Angela Toucan like this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I think I'm going to do something similar to what I did for our Welsh holiday earlier this year. I'll prepare a few pocket pages for the everyday stuff, the journaling and little things. Then for the outings and special things like a birthday, Christmas Day and the Christmas Lights display I'll use some of Lynn's Merge in Style Templates to make some foundation pages that will display the photos well with only a little journaling needed.

Mrivas likes this.
  13. Mrivas

I would love to see what everyone is working on! I have been busy making foundation pages and have made 11 so far, my goal is 20! Here are the first 8:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

awesome ! I love seeing your foundation pages. this year, I will make a DYD again but no foundation pages :-( I don't how many photos I will take each day. and knowing me, I will thing this day I will make lots of photos and prepare a foundation page with many pictures and in really I will only have one picture. so in my process, I prefer, choose a template to fit of the number of pictures I have.
    this year, I will use the December memories 6x8 templates album by Designed by Soco

Mrivas likes this.
  15. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

Here are the ones I have so far for scrapping 2018 photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mrivas, FarrahJobling and Ferdy like this.
  16. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

My one foundation page for 31 days (I am doing all of Dec, not only up to X-mas)

[​IMG]

Iowan and FarrahJobling like this.
  17. Mrivas

I get what you mean about not knowing how many photos you will take. What I ended up doing, you can see in some of my pages from last year, was that I had one big photo spot and divided it up into more smaller photo spots. Or the opposite. The most important part is documenting your memories, I used to work on the pages as I went along when I started in 2012.

18. Mrivas

These look great, can’t wait to see more!

DisneyMom likes this.
  19. Mrivas

Another set of foundation pages, I still have 8 more to go...
    [​IMG]

Rikki and Iowan like this.
  20. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Here are a few more that I've done, I'm almost half way through Dec :)

Day-7-preview.jpg Day-8-preview.jpg Day-9-preview.jpg Day-10-preview.jpg Day-11-preview.jpg Day-12-preview.jpg