Forum Apps for Your Phone

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Chippi, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

What does everyone use to keep up-to-date with our forums?

I used Tapatalk on my phone with Scrap Orchard and it sent me notifications of forum replies etc, but The Lilypad doesn't seem to be compatible with it (checked ut a minute ago). At the moment I just use Chrome on my phone, which is fine, but it would be wonderful to get phone notifications automatically (and probably very distracting too, lol), so just wondering what everyone else does.

Edited to add: using a Samsung Galaxy (Android)

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Tapatalk used to work for here but after the site upgrade December '15, it stopped. Then I deleted the app. I have just gotten used to this site on mobile. I am also on a Samsung android device and using Chrome... I can see how the notifications would be nice, but also more distracting!

Chippi likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I just use the site on my mobile. I think when they did the update they wanted it to work cohesively so people wouldn't have to use another app. I'm not totally sure though!

I'm already on here enough... alerts on my phone would me me useless for the rest of my life, lol! :giggle

4. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I have a Samsung too but I don't use my phone for TLP because if I am not on my laptop or tablet @ home then I am at work and I SHOULD be actually working instead of on my phone so I resist temptation by not even looking :D .... so in summary, I am NO help :giggle

Chippi likes this.
  5. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

I just load the mobile version in my phone browser, but use the watch thread / watch forum options to get the little lightning bolt alerts at the top right corner. (For example, I just added the MOC challenge forum to watch for new threads so I will see when the new challenge is up each day :))

(also - as long as you are logged in on your mobile device when you are here, if you click the "new posts" as your view, it will remember when you were last here no matter which device or computer you are here on, so it really is "new" to YOU posts!)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah, we used to use Tapatalk, but I'm rather glad the mobile version is so good now because I was getting constant notifications on my phone and kept getting sucked back into the forum. Lol.

Chippi and jenn mccabe like this.
  7. Chippi

Bahaha! Yes I thought it might be better just to have it with the browser. And you guys are right, the mobile version is brilliant!
    I will definitely stick to refreshing in my browser, and just catching up when I have spare time, lol.

Karen likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm just happy with being on my iMac. I rarely look at sites like this on my phone because I'm almost always home!

Chippi likes this.
  9. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i don't use it on my phone at all. sometimes on my ipad though

Chippi likes this.
  10. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I have Tapatalk but don't use it at all...never have. I prefer to just hop on my computer when I have a few minutes of free time or I check in on my phone.

Chippi likes this.
  11. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Tapatalk was really designed as a work around for sites that are not mobile compatible. During our big upgrades in 2015, we made the forum entirely mobile compatible so you don't need Tapatalk. As Danielle said, if you use the watch forum features, you'll get notifications on your phone.

Chippi likes this.
  12. Chippi

It has been so beautifully designed. It is absolutely perfect on mobile devices.
    And yep. I LOVE the watch forum features! My favourite is the @ feature though, being able to tag people is just brilliant!

Karen, bestcee and lmccandless like this.
  13. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I'm so glad Tapatalk doesn't work anymore, honestly (I hated the interface), I just use Chrome on my phone too :)

Karen and Chippi like this.