Forgetful Jones | PadPatter 9 Oct

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Oct 9, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

[​IMG]
    Are you a Forgetful Jones?
    This is usually me - i need a physical list if i'm going to buy more than 2 things because between the door and the milk way at the back of the shop, there is so much distracting stuff. But I wonder if it runs in families too, because DD is the same - she had a birthday to go to earlier today and after dropping her off and leaving, i got a text saying she left the present in the car; it's par for the course for her, i'm thankful for teachers accepting photo messages of tickets and stuff that she has left at home for in-school concerts and dances etc and have taken lunches and assignments in in the past after she's left them at home but i sometimes say no as a 'take some responsibility' lesson but there's major internal debate with those!

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Age certainly adds to it... some times I forget what I am going to add to the grocery list in the space from refrigerator to the counter where my phone is. I pick up the phone to add it to the shopping list and poof it is gone from my head.

Karen and bellbird like this.
  3. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I have a terrible memory, and age isn't doing it any favors. But because of it I've had to develop sooo many reminder systems--lists, a planner, alarms set on my phone, post it notes with reminders where I can't miss them, etc. So my family knows how forgetful I am, but I don't think my coworkers would believe it. My oldest has DH's memory--he remembers EVERYTHING. My middle child has ADHD, so he's got an amazing memory for some things but needs me to keep track of other things for him. My youngest is my mini-me, in memory and everything else. Post it note reminders work well for her so far. (She doesn't have a phone yet, but I bet she'll switch to phone reminders when she does.)

bellbird likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Sounds like we have the same multiple reminder systems & how different memory is with 3 children in the same family is so interesting to me!

rach3975 likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I put everything in my phone in my "notes". I HAVE been known to forget to look at my phone when I get to a store, however - :whistle

When I forget what I walked into a room for - I leave and come back again and usually remember. :think

bellbird likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh yes! I am so easily distracted these days that I need notes and alarms for everything. ESPECIALLY at the grocery store! If it isn't on the list, there's no chance I'm going to remember to buy it. :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have several running lists in the kitchen for various stores. Grocery/Wal-Mart, Lowe's and Sam's are the main ones. As I think of things I write them down.

I even did research on my ballot for the election to see if there is anything I need to know about. The Supreme Court Justices for the state of Ohio do not show a party designation on the ballot so I checked the 4 individuals out for that and what their platform is. I wrote the information on a sticky note to take with me when I early vote later this week. I would never remember which one is which if I didn't!

bellbird likes this.
  8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Yup! I have to have a list for almost everything. I do think age and 7 children has something to do with it...it's definitely gotten worse over the years.

bellbird likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i don't know what happened to my image in the first post, it was Forgetful Jones from Sesame Street - he looks like a purple muppet with a cowboy hat and i figure that's where the saying came from