Font Managers

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 1, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

In my transition to swap computers I forgot to write down the name of the font manager I used or download the exe file for it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a free font manager for windows? It might just remind me what I’ve used previously.

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Did you search your history here to see if you talked about it in other threads on font managers?

I downloaded Nexus Font on my old computer and never used it. I haven't even installed it on this one as I was very selective as to which fonts I actually installed.

3. littlekiwi

Duh that would have been a smart idea. I knew the one I had used before the last one which was AMP but now that I’ve done some digging I think I may have changed to Nexus - it seems somewhat familiar.

@HavaDrPepper
    If I didn’t have some sort of font manager to at least temporarily install fonts I’d be seriously lost…I think I have over 700….I only use maybe 5-10 on a regular basis!

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@littlekiwi

I understand! I only use about 5 to 10 myself which is why I didn't install all of the fonts that I have. I still have them on EHD's (over 1000 fonts) so I could install them if I wanted but I wanted to keep this computer as clean as possible. I have 371 fonts installed. Of course, most of them are preloaded by Windows.

I do have the exe file for Nexus if I wanted to install it, but it put an added strain on the old computer. Probably wouldn't with this one, but I'm so used to not having a manager that I'm OK with not using it.

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Nexus Font Manager works perfectly with my Windows 11.
    It's the only reason to have fonts. lol
    Otherwise I'd never have any new fonts, because I hate installing them all.

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I better check this Nexus font manager. Wasn't there a Nexus hair line?

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@littlekiwi

Based on a forum search, you've used both AMP Font Manager (2020) and Font Base (2021).

8. littlekiwi

Actually Font Base looks more familiar now seeing it, thanks @gonewiththewind. I was pretty certain it wasn’t AMP Font Manager anymore that I used as I’d found something better, just couldn’t remember what that “something” was!

gonewiththewind likes this.