font management

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Celeste, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i'm looking for font management software for a pc. does anyone have something they love? i've used nexus font in the past but i'm looking for something different i guess. thanks!

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I don't even know what a font manager does...

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I use FontExplorerX. I haven't updated it, and it works well for me.

I can sort and search based on a few different parameters, using the information provided with the font. I mostly use it to view before hand, and to activate/deactivate fonts as I use them. I keep different lists of ones that are favorites, ones that start up when PS starts/closes, and scrapbooking ones.

Mine is now an older version, and wasn't as expensive as it is now, and I remember having a coupon. (https://www.fontexplorerx.com)

4. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Not sure if you've used the newer nexus font- mine updated awhile back- but I do like this version much better! :)

6. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I use Font Expert. Looking at FontExplorer that Jenn linked, it looks pretty similar and does a lot of the same things.

7. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

I use nexus font but it seems really slow opening on my new windows 10 I have no idea why. I guess I cant complain because once it is open it is great.

8. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I also use Font Expert. I want to be able to tag fonts, and to be able to search multiple tags (e.g. both "script" and "wide") and I did not see that in any free ones.

Tronesia likes this.
  9. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i'm not looking forward to tagging all of my fonts over again. i'll tell you that!

Karen likes this.
  10. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I need to look into one of these now. I have too many hundred fonts installed and it takes so long to look through that I tend to use only a dozen or so that I am familiar with.