Fitness tracker recs?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by crystalbella77, Feb 9, 2016.

1. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

So I bought the 21 day fix (no shakeology) and now I want a fitness tracker to help keep me in check and get moving and sleeping better. I have heard of the fitbit (seems most people like it best?) But in my search I found all kinds of others!! It's a bit overwhelming and so I thought I'd see if anyone had a tracker and what you'd recommend. I am not a runner if that matters..just want to be more active in general and keep my sleeping goals. :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  2. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I have the FitBit Charge HR, and I have been very happy with it. I feel like it does a pretty accurate measure of my steps and sleep, and I actually like the HR part of it too. It was interesting to me to see my resting heartrate slowed down once I become active regularly. So when I started and wasn't exercising my resting was at "certain numer" (can't remember, so that is why I put it like that), and then after a couple days of being intentional about walking/working out, the resting heartrate when down consistently. Hope that made sense! Anyway - yay for 21 day fix. I did the extreme and it.was.extreme!!!

crystalbella77 likes this.
  3. crystalbella77

Thank you for the info! The fitbit definitely seem to have him the best reviews and seem to have the cutest bands lol I just know I don't want it to be too big..I have like tiny child wrists :/

I know I couldn't do the extreme but maybe one day! I think I'm going to try to do the fix for more than one month because I really really need to create good habits. I'm super nervous! I dint usually stick to things like that very well :(

4. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I have a Fitbit Charge (not the heart rateone) and I absolutely love it. It really does motivate me to move (I want those numbers going up)

5. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Target has had the Apple Watch on sale for $100 off a lot lately (including this week), and I picked one up the day after Thanksgiving. I LOVE it! It does everything the FitBits do and then a lot more, and I've been very happy with it.

6. crystalbella77

I do know people love the apple watch but I'm an android girl. I so love my galaxy :D and I have never heard much about their watch or even see people with it lol

7. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

The hardest part is sticking to it, but I found that when I set my mind to it and find the perfect time in the day to do it (which is different for everyone) and just commit to doing it that helps! I always need to work out first thing in the morning, otherwise I don't go down later in the day to do it because a million other things take precedence over that! One thing I will mention about a workout program and the fitbit...don't set your expectations too high on steps if you are getting a workout like 21 day fix in. I am always disappointed when I do a video verses my normal walk/treadmill workout because I do the same amount of time and get so few steps, whereas when I do my treadmill I can get in at least 7500 steps before my day has even begun! You probably could have assumed that, but it is amazing to me how my mind can never quite wrap around that because I am so bent on the 10,000 steps per day, even though I know that doing a workout video is probably better for me fitness wise!

8. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I'll have to watch for this again. It seems like they are all out of stock. I like the idea of one and at $100 off, it is cheaper than the most expensive watch I ever owned.

9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I have super small wrists (being only 5 feet tall) and Fitbit Flex with the small band is fine for me

10. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I, too, have a fitbit charge HR. I had a bad experience the first week I had mine, but it hasn't repeated. I know @Lindzee has a different brand she enjoys. My husband got the Fitbit surge, which is the bigger fancier one, and he's not that thrilled. He's interested in the Fitbit Blaze that is coming out, that is more of a watch... He said he would have preferred the Samsung gear.

11. crystalbella77

I just saw the little Samsung gear fit and I'm leaning towards it simply because it's affordableasy and I love Samsung. Figured it would be super compatible with my phone....

I sooo appreciate all the info!!!