fitbit?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Nettie B, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Nettie B

Nettie B Guess what color my hair is!

Does anyone use a fitbit? be it a Flex band like the below, or one of their other products like the Zip to help track their steps or calories with an app? What do you think if you do? want some more opinions, and I trust y'all before I shell out the $$, KWIM? :thumbsups thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Dana

Dana Dana

i don't have a fitbit, but i used an up by jawbone for a while and loved it! it broke somehow (just stopped charging - arghh ...) so now i want to replace it. i loved tracking steps and my sleep!

3. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

I have a fitbit and love it!

Dana... my husband's jawbone has stopped working twice and they replaced it for free. :)

4. Dana

Dana Dana

oh that's good to know! i may call them ... although given that his stopped working TWICE i may just switch to fitbit LOL! ;)

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

What is it?

6. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I use the FitBit One - and I LOVE it! Like seriously addicted to it!!! I wear it night and day - it tracks my sleep, my flights of stairs, my steps each day, rough calorie burn count, etc... I sync it with MyFitnessPal, so I log my food and everything (most days on the logging food part - it can be tedious work!). I HIGHLY recommend a FitBit. I love the idea of the band - the Flex, but I love having the time on my fitbit One, and also I hate that it doesn't track fights of stairs either, which I think I would miss. It is my alarm clock in the morning and it doesn't wake my hubby up when I am getting up early to workout, since it is a silent alarm. I just all around love it - can you tell?! I got my One on sale for $85, shipping free on Amazon a while back, so if you can wait for a sale I would say JUMP ON IT!!! You will not regret it if you are wanting to track your activity!

7. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I have the Fitbit Flex and I am a bit mixed about it. It works great and seems accurate, so no complaints there. I was amazed how hard it can be to get to 10,000 steps. I work out 5 or 6 days a week but since I am doing Crossfit, there aren't always a lot of steps, or it doesn't track them correctly. So most days I need to add on a 2 mile walk to get close to 10,000, and the Fitbit helps motivate me to do it.

My biggest downside is I don't like wearing it. It just annoys me. At first I had it on my non-dominate hand, which was fine when I didn't have my watch on, but once I did it it was too bulky and in the way. (I really wish the Flex had a clock on it) So then I moved it to my dominate hand so its less in the way, but I still don't like it. I think the Jawbone would be more comfortable and stylish, but don't like that you have to physically plug it in to sync it. Plus its more expensive and I have heard that it stops working quite often.

I don't track my sleep, I prefer to give myself a break from wearing it and take it off.

8. Nettie B

Nettie B Guess what color my hair is!

Thanks, y'all! Lisa - this was my concern with the fitbit Flex - I don't wear a watch, and as the Flex is a band, was wondering if this was going to be an issue. Have to pick up a One and compare...

For the month of October, at fitbit.com and apple stores, for every pink Flex wristband purchased, $10 will be donated to the American Cancer Society. This is a big deal for me and my family, so I might take the plunge anyway..

edited - ok. found a GC and that sealed it - my pink Flex is charging. At this point of my life, I dye my hair bright stripes, wear bright colors, and still occasionally am a tax CPA. The world can just deal. So now I'm off to stalk the my fitness pal thread - if y'all get strange friend requests from NettieB13 it's me, and I need all the motivation I can get to get my big u know what in gear...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  9. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I saw that Nettie - it is super cute - I wish they made a pink One because my concern with the Pink Flex is that it is bright and I would feel like a duffus wearing it to work with a suit or something that doesn't match. So vain I know, but I would buy a pink One in a heartbeat - love that they are donating money to the cancer society!

10. SmallMoments

I have a One, too. I love that I can stick it in my pocket and no one knows it's there but me. I sync with My Fitness Pal, as well. And we got the scale that syncs with both the One and My Fitness Pal.

I was tempted to get the Flex when I saw the pink, but I'm not sure I want to wear it to work, etc. Especially bright pink. A pink One would be AWESOME. I'd be tempted to replace my ugly maroon one! Ha!

11. ksharonk

ksharonk New Member

I have a FitBit One and love it!!! The silicone clip means once it is clipped on, it just doesn't shift. I can't tell you how many other pedometers I've had and lost when they fell off!

I love how it syncs with my phone/computer, and my mum and dad and I share a Leader board together .. it really helps keep me motivated.

I really, really like it, so it's a 'thumbs up' from me!!! :)

12. Lisa Carroll

Yeah, I am really thinking I should have gotten the One instead of the Flex. Love the pink band though. Off to check to see if I can just get the band...

13. Lisa Carroll

If anyone wants to be my friend on FitBit, PM me your email addy and I will send you an invite...

14. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I had an Ultra for about a year and just ordered a Fitbit One to replace it. I wear it tucked into my bra and that seems to work the best for me. I wave my arms around a lot when I talk and wasn't sure if the Flex would be able to tell the difference between walking and arm waving.

It looks like they will be coming out with a new one that has a display (Fitbit Force):

[​IMG]

15. SmallMoments

I was just coming on to say this... I like the looks of this one!

16. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I just got the FitBit One and I'm testing it out today! I spend so much time on my butt between work and my long commute so I want to see if this will help motivate me to be more active. So far I love how easy it was to set up. I have the app on my phone and keep checking to see how I'm doing.

17. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

i just got one too! i got the flex. i love it!!

18. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I just got a zip yesterday! so far I love it....I hate having to track food, but know that is a necessarily evil....and since the goal is to lose weight, tracking is sort of important.

I lost over 20 pounds between my two kids years ago through WW online and I tracked everything, but I love having the little zip on me to help me keep moving.

19. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

I have the pink Flex... I got it mainly to monitor my sleep, and like everyone else I LOVE THIS! I have been a weight watcher for a long time, but found that I would track more with my flex than I would with ww so I canceled my plan... saving me some $$$. I have it set for a loss of 1/2 pound per week and so far I have been on target!

I don't even notice it on my wrist at all, but I am a bracelet wearer.

One last thing... I LOVE THE ALARM setting! It's amazing how quickly I wake up to that buzz on my wrist!

20. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

I just read this, and since I am having some issues with weight and stress-eating...:P I decided to get one, well, but because you are all so enamoured with them! I got the zip though, as it was the most cost effective, and will track movement for me, and that's what I want, right?! Gotta figure out why the lbs are increasing instead of staying steady or decreasing!