First Time Finisher?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by Lena Gardner, Jan 31, 2018.

1. SheriScraps

SheriScraps Well-Known Member

One page to go and I'll be a first-time finisher/participator. MOC has been so awesome to focus on scrapping for a change! I even pushed it and completed a scrapbook for my husband for his birthday yesterday using one of the pages I made this month for MOC. It is a Halloween book through the years with our kids. I don't think I would have done that if I wasn't in the scrapping mindset MOC has put me in.
    Thank you Lily-pad for the fun month of challenges!! I didn't think I'd actually be able to complete them all when I started but figured anything I got done was a bonus that I would not have done otherwise. I'm thrilled I got 31 (after today) pages done!!! Happy dance!! Woot Woot.

2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

My first year, I just stumbled upon MOC...but staying and participating throughout the year, you could definitely see and feel the excitement building the closer Jan 1 got! It really gets you pumped up!

Lena Gardner, Karen, bestcee and 4 others like this.
  3. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

4. AdrienneMay

AdrienneMay CT - Paislee Press

This my first time participating in MOC and I loved it! It has helped me make decisions so much more quickly as well as try a few things/techniques that I have never done before. Not to mention that I have 31 new pages scrapped!

scrumptious, ashleywb, Sokee and 4 others like this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@Lena Gardner and everyone finishing their first MOC congrats!!!!!!!!

Lena Gardner and Mylinn like this.
  6. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

I'm a first time finisher too. So happy to have completed this year, I always start off well and then get side tracked later in the month.

This year I was determined. So much so, the last layout was completed and uploaded about an hour and a half before I went in for my section to deliver my twins (who are both healthy and perfect).

I guess I learnt no matter what I have going on I can make time for scrapping if I really want to. If I could scrap a page this morning, pretty sure I can fit it into my schedule a little more regularly. It actually helped to calm me down a lot when I couldn't sleep, so thank you for posting early!

7. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am a first time finisher this year.
    Last year I came along too late to try and catch up and do all challenges so I only did a few.

8. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

I'm a first time MOC-er and a first time finisher. I don't like all my layouts. I had to scrap too quick for some due to limited time, but I'm glad I finished. I do have layouts I love very much.

9. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I'm a first time participant and a first time finisher :byay:circles

(It was so much fun I want to do it all over again. We usually are on the road travelling in January .. I may need to convince DH to change plans LOL)

10. heathert

heathert Well-Known Member

Meeeeeee! And I only decided to participate on the 12th... *lol* This has actually been really good for me. It's been a looooong time since I've been a dedicated scrapper, and this made me realize how much I missed it. My style has definitely evolved over the years!

scrumptious, bonnenuit, LynnG and 6 others like this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

That is awesome.. we are so glad to have you with us. I hope you will stay with us too.. The Lily Pad is an awesome place! So glad you had fun with all of the challenges and you are right, the Polly's are awesome with hosting the challenges and helping everyone. New monthly challenges starts today.. and the fun here all month the other 11 months of the year are fabulous too. Come to the chats ... we have a blast there! So glad you enjoyed!!

LynnG and Lena Gardner like this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Yay Lynn!!!

Lena Gardner likes this.
  13. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

I finished too my layouts. What I learnt: no need to be scary about journaling. I always struggle with giving my layouts a text. So these where my real challenges. Sometimes I read the instructions of a challenge and thought "oh no...." and was frustrated because they were not mine at all. But at the end, those were the best challenges for me, because I saw I can....thanks to the team of lilypad for all the hard work , for your ideas and that you made this possible

14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That is dedication!! Congratulations on the twins!! Hope to see lots of photos of them in the gallery!!

cfile and Lena Gardner like this.
  15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

well done everyone.

This is my first MOC, and I've just finished. :cheer

16. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

This year was my first time participating, and I am so happy to have done all 31 challenges! In the past I didn't enter because I was afraid of not being able to keep up (wimp!), but in fact this year I found it not too hard to make all the layouts - and I have scrapped much more than I normally do. So I'm super happy!
    Congrats to my fellow first-time finishers!

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Now THAT is dedication to finishing! I love this story... and huge congratulations on your twins!

Lena Gardner likes this.
  18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Huge congratulations to all of the first time finishers! Isn't it just the best feeling ever?

Serena and Lena Gardner like this.
  19. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

Hooray! I feel the same way. My most dreaded page became a favorite. Way to go Dawn. :clap

This is awesome! It really is a LOT of layouts, and while the process is fun it's also the joy of having all those memories kept! <3 Congrats!:dance

I love that! Make decisions quickly! It does help you not overthink! :banana

dawnmarch likes this.
  20. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

Wait, WHAT? Way to bury the lead! You can't just drop that little nugget of info like it's no big deal! :giggle

CONGRATS!!!!!!:cheer

bestcee and cfile like this.