Finding Me In 2023 ~ May 2023 Challenge

Discussion in 'Finding Me in 2023' started by gonewiththewind, May 1, 2023.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

[​IMG]

Hello and welcome to month five of our new monthly challenge series, Finding Me In 2023. The goal of this series is to help you create an album of layouts specifically about you. Each month, a new theme will be presented along with one or more example layouts. By the end of the year, you will have a cover layout, at least 12 layouts, and an ending layout.

The series is facilitated by me (@gonewiththewind or Cheryl of Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs). Each month, one or more TLP designers will sponsor. You may find a new product from the designer sponsor(s) to help you specifically create your layout in keeping with the month’s theme, an exclusive coupon to purchase product from the designer sponsor, or a random giveaway.

THIS MONTH’S SPONSORS are Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs and Studio Liv

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MAY’S THEME: INDULGENCES

This month we are going to talk about indulging ourselves. One of the meanings of indulge is to allow oneself to enjoy a particular pleasure.

In previous months, I've given you a broad theme and asking you to create a layout that you want to include in this album that would give your loved ones a peek into who you are. This month, I'm asking that you narrow down and document the things that we indulge in that make our lives richer and better. I've shared some example layouts below, and I've included some of my own indulgences that I've previously documented . . . getting a regular manicure, enjoying a richly flavored coffee creamer, and making a pretty + yummy snack.

There is no requirement for a specific number of words you must use on your page. You may be able to convey your thoughts and feelings with word art or photographs.

To help you create your themed layout, Olivia and I have these coordinating freebies just for you!

For Olivia's freebie, click on the preview image that will direct you to the product in the TLP store, where you can add it to your cart and check out using coupon code FINDME23_SL_GRWM.

[​IMG]
    For my freebie, I’ve created an “Indulgences” cut file along with backing pieces as a freebie to assist you in creating your layout this month. You are not required to use the cut file. Click on the image to download directly from this post.

[​IMG]
    Here are some additional products by Olivia that may help you complete your layout.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need inspiration for creating your layout about what you indulge in?

Check out these layouts from Olivia @LivyBug :​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one by Cynthia @MrsPeel :

[​IMG]

Or this one by Ellen @EllenT :

[​IMG]

This fabulous one from @Ferdy :

[​IMG]

And a few from me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FINAL DETAILS:
    • You may create your album in whatever size and format you choose. You can scrap single or double page layouts.
    • Post your layout in this thread so we can learn more about you while you’re learning more about yourself!
    • Please follow our main gallery guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%). Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.
    • Finding Me in 2023 Challenge layouts must contain 50% TLP product. Eligible product can be current or retired product from resident designers, or guest designer product that is currently in the TLP store.
    Please enjoy this coupon from me for 30% off when you spend $10 in my store. Coupon does not include bundles, collections, or collabs.

[​IMG]

Please enjoy this coupon from Olivia for 30% off when you spend $10 in her store. Coupon does not include bundles, collections, or collabs.

[​IMG]

G.J., Angela Toucan and umyesh like this.
  2. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Love this! I intend to catch-up on the Finding Me Challenges. I've just been busy on other creative fronts! Love the template word, too - thanks!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks so much for the fun freebies!

4. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I'm in shock that people have so much indulgences that isn't chocolate???!!! :giggle

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh, I definitely have chocolate as an indulgence! I just haven't made a layout about it yet. But I pretty much love all food. And yes, chocolate is a food necessity. LOL

[​IMG]

G.J. and tanteva like this.
  6. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Thank you for the freebies! What a great theme. Now to combine chocolate, scented hand soap, and British detective shows in one layout!...

Lillyia and tanteva like this.
  7. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

@gonewiththewind and dear @LivyBug thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creations, you both are so talented.
    Here's my page, I really love how it turned out. You both have a wonderful day!!
    [​IMG]

8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I scrapped my top two "could do without but don't"
    [​IMG]

9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thanks for the template and the challenge
    [​IMG]

10. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Thank you for the template!
    [​IMG]

11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

does this class as indulgence?
    [​IMG]

12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I'm not 100% thrilled with how this one turned out. But I wanted to continue on with the vertical flow as I had done in the previous year's layouts. Maybe I need to switch up the background to something more like the others? Anyway, it is what it is.

[​IMG]

Angela Toucan likes this.
  13. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

Thank you for the fun goodies and the challenge.
    [​IMG]

14. Brendazzle

Brendazzle Shooting on the Serengeti

It took me a little while to find just the right thing. Turns out my favorite pajama brand (for both the kiddo and myself) had a Monsters Inc release right after Mother's Day. My mom called dibs on getting the pjs for us and I am in love. Bamboo pjs are so comfy, Monsters Inc is one of my favorite movies, *and* I get to match with my kid even on days where we don't bother getting dressed. So indulgent!
    [​IMG]

15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I had a hard time figuring out what to scrap about for my "indulgence". I finally settled on Dr Pepper, a life long indulgence. I also included popcorn, potato chips and M&M's on the layout.

Little did I know that 3 of these 4 items are now off-limits for me (at least at this time). Whether I can ever drink another Dr Pepper, eat potato chips or candy is unknown.

[​IMG]

16. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

17. triplejdesigns

triplejdesigns Well-Known Member

18. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Better late than never!

[​IMG]

19. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

20. CathQuillScrap