FEBRUARY 2022 MUSE CHALLENGES

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Feb 1, 2022.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Ohhhh, it's like Lay's Potato Chips once you get started.... HAHA!!! I like "scrapping" for my printed book pages which are always about family. A.J. is about anything or...nothing at all. It is pure expression. :D

2. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I especially like #2 - I'll definitely be brewing up some color themes and can do a few tutorials on the color wheel.
    And #8 - music!

AJK likes this.
  3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Welcome on board Michele!

Mingo08 and AJK like this.
  4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Yes, please keep an eye around here.

Mingo08 and AJK like this.
  5. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

I think we've pm'd about spinning, come to think of it! I just took a "full-time" job at a quilt store, so my fibery stuff will likely taper a bit, but I still love spinning. Admittedly, I'm tired of this commission, but I need to spin some for sanity at times. Turkish spindles are lovely - you'll get it! Let me know if you need some video pointers, there are good and bad ones on Youtube... :thinking2

6. Mingo08

I'll forgive your lapse on the "l's". :agree I fight it constantly, though, especially on legal documents.

Spinning is time consuming, but it's very meditative. I can do it with a good audiobook for hours. Especially if a lot of color is involved!

wombat146 and AJK like this.
  7. Mingo08

Me too! I don't know about the politics of making the monthly challenge specifically AJ related, but it would be fun to see what folks come up with.

I did art journaling many moons ago and was a bit surprised and confused by some of the stuff I made. I finally decided I was "doing it wrong" (huh?) or "being pretentious" and stopped. It didn't hurt that I started homeschooling our daughter about then, and getting involved in all that required. It wasn't until about four years ago that I had some epiphanies and realized that the journaling was tapping some stuff that needed to be dealt with. But I love doing it digitally - getting my hands dirty is fine, but I like being able to tweak and surprise myself digitally, rather than having to figure out how to fix an "Oops" with various media. Ctrl+Z is my friend.

I would love to put that under my avatar, instead of "well known member," but cannot figure out how to do it!

michelepixels likes this.
  8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

OH NAMING FAIRY!!!!!! :fairydance @mrs2a50 (whoever you are??) You have a customer!!!

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Hello my fellow Michele-with-one-L :D

As long as the challenge does not require another specific style, it is perfectly fine to scrap in whatever style we want.

I'm not sure I remember exactly who it was, but when I first began dabbling in Art Journaling someone said there is no wrong way. I think the point is using art to journal about our life. A little more focus on the art than photos with captions and that kind of structure.

I also LOVE digital. I made scrapbooks starting when I was 11 in 1983 but I gave up paper scrapping with huge enthusiasm pretty much as soon as it was possible. My first digital scrapbook page was created on old Photoshop 5 in 2005. I had toddlers at the time and one of the biggest attractions was not having scrapbooking supplies to clean up and keep out of their reach.

10. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

lol! Just as I was reading the 'other' Michele's post a couple of minutes ago, I thought to my self, I must not forget that there is another Michele with one L as well, meaning you! hhaaa! :giggle and you are so right about art journaling, there is not any wrong way to do it, no rules to follow, if you want to stick a photo on top of an elephant then go for it! :yup Its YOUR piece of art. :wub

I love the freedom of art journaling, I do it primarily for me, I am not worried about whether someone else will 'get it' as that is not the purpose, I am expressing what my arty soul is feeling right at that moment, but if the page resonates with someone else then that is a wonderful bonus. :heartlub

michelepixels likes this.
  11. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

anyone remember sissy art journal stories, i found them cute

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Think Almost 95% Of My Layouts Are AJ Of Some Sort...It's Just How I Scrap Here...I Incorporate Some Of That Style In Pretty Much Everything I Do...But I Can Still Maintain Some My Personal Composition Style...Using Multiple Same Elements...It's A Visual Journey For Me...Each Layout...Creatively Speaking I Never Know Where Each Page Is Gonna Take Me...& I Like That...The Not Knowing...I Just Go For Whatever My Muse Feels Is Right...Didn't Like That Choice?...No Problem...Delete & Continue On!!!...LOL!...Ahhh!...Art Creativity Is The Best!!!...It Keeps Me Centred...When I Read About People Who Say They Have Lost Their Mojo...I See What You Are Saying...But No Matter How Bad My Days Are Health-Wise...My Head Is Always Swirling With Ideas & Creativity!...Sometimes Even More On The Worst Days...I Create Layouts Everyday...Multiple...I Can't Imagine It Any Other Way...It's In My DNA!...It Is How I Identify Who I Am...It's Not Just Part Of Me...IT IS ME!!!!!!!!!!!...:bk...

2021 Has Been Hard On Me & I Just Spent 4 Days In Bed Sick...So I Don't Mind The Breather...Since I Have Plenty Of Work To Deal With Currently...

Hearts & Hugs Everyone...

Thanks For Hosting Each Month & To Everyone Else Who Joins Too!...It's So Inspirational To See Everyone's Ideas...

See Ya'll IN March

But I'm Always Around Doing Other Challenges Here Each Month...:heartslub...

Mingo08 likes this.
  13. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Speaking Of The NAMING FAIRY???...I Would Like A Change Too...Creating Art Is My Muse...Creating Art Is My Life...My Art & Soul Is Creativity...Getting The Idea????????????????...:clappy...:clap...:circles...:driving...:fairydance...:D...:happydance...:luvya...

14. Mingo08

OHHHH! So someone does that? Interesting... I assumed it was a setting somewhere that I couldn't find. :duh

15. Mingo08

That's awesome! I didn't have time when DD was little to do anything other than traditional scrapping, because it's what I knew. Actually, I didn't really take up scrapping at all until about 2006 with any serious intent. Eventually, *I* got tired of the mess, cleaning it up, and schlepping it to crops. We don't have a large house and at the time I didn't have a dedicated space to work in, so I took over the kitchen for a few days at a time, and often worked at night when everyone else was asleep. I decided to try digital in 2017, sort of as a "let's see" project, then life totally fell apart on almost all levels. If I hadn't been digital scrapping, nothing would have gotten done at all the past four years.

I try to mix it up. DD would appreciate the art journal style, but DH doesn't get it. I'm trying to do books that they can both appreciate, but I'm determined to AJ some pages just for me. My bestie was reminding me yesterday that I really should scrapbook my quilts and other works more. I just don't. We will see how that goes, too.

Off to work on a quilt back for DD's Christmas gift. It's going to be a reversible wall hanging, but I'm improving the back around a Chinese dragon. The front is a pattern - Aquatic Steampunk Portals. LOL!

16. Mingo08

These remind me of the ATC's I used to make and trade years ago! Love the dog one! LOL - and too true, btw. :giggle

17. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

this was given a old photo and make p a story on it

18. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

@Cath_ Oh I remember the Sissy Sparrows!! I used to be on their CT way back then and absolutely loved their stuff! The sisters were Aussies like me, and at the time only lived about 4hr drive from me, but we just never got round to meeting up which was a pity. Yes, their challenges were so funny, they would give us the photo and we would need to create a story about it........... this is one of mine, lol!
    [​IMG]

myka, Mingo08 and Cath_ like this.
  19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you, and bless you.

20. myka

myka Well-Known Member

OK, so I've never done these challenges, but I think I want to try, so I will look forward to the next one in March. March is a GREAT month... I will look thru past posts to see what this is all about, I'm assuming art journaling, which I definitely love and also sort of do that organically in my calendar / journal.. so I think I might fit in here.