Favorite Sites for recipes

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Pallavi01, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I am very dependent on recipes for my everyday cooking. Coming from India, we cook a LOT. Therefore, I am always on the lookout for good recipes. Over the years, I have developed a list of fail safe places to go to for good recipes. Top of this list are the following -

tarladalal.com - My life saver for Indian recipes. They do tend to be for the Indian pallette though. Therefore, I suggest toning down the spice level if you plan to try something from here.

foodgawker.com - There couldn't have been a better name for this site! absolutely gorgeous pics here that make me want to try every recipe!!

TLP Pinterest Board - Last but definitely not the least is our good 'ol TLP Pinterest board:) It has some great recipes and has come to my rescue quite a few times! I specially like the easy dinners board...That one's a must check out!

Do you use recipes for your everyday cooking? What are your go to sites for recipes?

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Pinterest, MeatlessMonday.com, milk allergy mom blog, my epi family blog, and Google... always on the look out for new easy fast recipes. I don't choose to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I like easy prep, and sometimes like to do freezer cooking. :)

3. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I am going to have to check out some of these sites. I like the recipe site TastyKitchen.com and also Pioneer Woman recipes never seem to disappoint.

4. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I always seem to gravitate toward Food Network. I also like Epicurious and The Lemon Bowl

5. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I go to Pinterest usually, but if I have a limited # of ingredients on hand (too common), I'll plug those into google and see what I get.

"chicken cilantro mushrooms rice recipes" It's like magic :giggle

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

me too, Pinterest!!! i find it soothing to search for recipes by what the dish looks like. i'm all about the eye candy. and i've done what jen does and just typed in a few ingredients!

i also like food network, allrecipes (but can be overwhelming bc there are so so many recipes there for the same thing- it has the ingredient thing that jen was talking about) epicurious, and taste of home. yummly has the pretty pictures like Pinterest, but that site irritates me for some reason.

7. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

This is my fav - combines all recipes from Australian magazines, it's my go to when looking for recipes.
    http://www.taste.com.au/

8. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I often end up at skinnytaste.com and I think my most favorite recipe is the zucchini turkey burgers. You can "dress" them so many different ways.

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Yes. This is me, too! :)

I love your new avi, Jen!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Me too! I love zucchini turkey burgers and the bonus is that even my kids like them! I also love her coconut shrimp recipe too. A large portion of my recipes are from this site. I love that they are healthy, but they use normal foods so I don't have to hunt for crazy ingredients for an hour at the grocery store!