Father's Day gifts

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MissKim, Jun 9, 2013.

1. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

Father's Day gifts

I was about to post here asking for ideas for Father's Day gifts for my dad and my FIL. And then I remembered we just had family pictures taken. Yeah, my dad is getting a canvas and my FIL is getting a small canvas on an easel (both from Walmart.com... I'm cheap when I'm in a hurry).

My DH was super easy. I ordered seasons 2 and 3 of Criminal Minds on DVD. It's our summer show and we've plowed through season 1 this weekend.

What are you getting the men in your life?

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

uh uh.... when's father's day? crap... I don't see a good answer in my future!

3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

LOL, Dalis... next Sunday (16th).

Now, the fact that I know that does NOT mean that I know what I'm doing for my DH or Dad, hehe.

4. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

I'll be working. My man, sons, brother-in-law & father-in-law are heading to the beach for a man vacation. Although this sort of sounds like a gift to ME!!! hee hee!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  5. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I am slipping in my old age. :giggle I usually have this stuff all sorted out. For some reason I have waited until the last minute... possibly due to the fact that Father's day weekend is also my birthday weekend. So there is no telling what the weekend will be like. LOL

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

hubs birthday is the day after, so we do a bash for him! Seven kids that love their dad something fierce! lol He wants a powertool, that my teen boys know about, it will be a two for present!
    We are making these cool magnets in sunday school for Dad.
    a wood ball sanded down to attach a magnet
    painting the ball black, attaching a wick(red yarn) pre drilled hole
    and a paper that says, Dad You R the Bomb
    bwahhha..
    simple, easy and fun!

7. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Just cards for my dad, stepdad, and Eric's dad.

For Eric, the kids will makes cards. For his gift, we're taking him to a sprint car race. This is huge b/c I hate them and we haven't gone since we had the boys since it's a drive and I'm not sure that before this they would sit through the whole dang thing, they go until like 10:30. I just hate all the dirt in my ears. So, the fact that we are doing this (it's a surprise) will definitely show him how much I love him!

8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

DH informed me last night that he, his son, and his father are driving down to his brother's house to see a baseball game and will be gone for the weekend, so.... I can check that off my list! I will have to think of something fun to do with Miss Monkey while they're away.

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

hmmmm... crap, I have no idea. No presents since he bought his Summer Bike Riding Jacket just a month ago.

10. milo82

milo82 milo82

I'm makinmg my guy a collage of squares with our fav photos from our vacation to morocco (1,5 weeks ago) and printing it on canvas...just hoping it's getting here in time!

11. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I had a coupon, so I did Shutterfly mugs for my dad and my FIL. My hubby wants his truck detailed (I'm not even sure I know what that sentence means, lol!) so that's what he's getting!

12. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

The boys picked out:
    a new grill cover for the Weber
    a shovel for gardening
    an iTunes gift card
    some new grill accessories

Not fun stuff but stuff he has wanted.....

I was thinking about getting a bottle of Jack Daniels and other snacks and then taking the boys away for the day!! LOL

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  13. Helen

Helen I need some balls.

I was able to get a Makita battery drill set for a large discount thanks to coupons!! DH doens;t have a drill anymore and I know he likes this brand as it is reliable.. can't wait to see his face sunday morning!!! Kate made something at school, curious to see what it is too <3

14. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

its not Fathers Day until September here in Oz so I have plenty of time to sort something out :D

15. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Well, we were planning a new grill (something Brian had wanted for years), but we had a flat tire in the way to shopping so he's getting new tires for the van instead.

16. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

my dad is not easy to give presents too, but will be happy with anything you give, still will give you a lecture about not sopending money in days like these , that is a commercial thing blah blah and that Father's & Mother's Day shiuld be every day of the year....
    he also lives very far away from us so no worries for me...
    havent seen my ex for many years and Sarita (my DD) is not interested on spending money on him either..so no time on thinking this one out for us LOL