Family Board Games

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by sarahbhb, Nov 9, 2015.

1. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Wow16 Monopoly Boards..that's a lot!

The my Little Pony Rainbow game is such a cool little game. Both of my nieces own it and I've had fun playing it with them.

LOL Monopoly is not a game that we enjoy playing at all. I think in certain groups it's fine but for my family it wasn't great..haha.

2. sarahbhb

My first time playing Concept we played with the scoring rules and I was pretty lackluster about the whole experience. Taking away those rules and just having a fun group activity to enjoy together made the game a lot more fun.

3. sarahbhb

Ticket to Ride is one of my daughter's all time favorite games. We got together for her 14th birthday with her grandfather and aunt and got her the fancy 10th anniversary edition. She loves it so much.

That's so much fun about the Scene It game. We used to own the original Scene It but I think it went away in one of our great game purges. If we do still own it it's been a really long while since we've played at any rate.

4. sarahbhb

Wow, I haven't played Aggravation since I was a kid (and really don't remember a lot about it). I've seen Bounce Off in the stores but have never played it.

5. sarahbhb

UNO is a game that we still pull out a couple of times a year, it's one that we keep because almost everyone knows how to play so it's easy to get a game going. I really like SkipBo better, but it can get a little mean so not great with super competitive people.

6. sarahbhb

I played a lot of Boggle when I was in college! I loved that game so much!

7. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

We play Uno all the time.

And Apples to Apples when we can convince one of our game-slugs to play along (it's usually just me and the 2 little ones)

BUT, we just bought Mangala and we LOVE IT. Seriously, it's addictive and although you can only play 2 at a time, it's fun for all ages. Now, my 8 year old doesn't quite get the strategy part, but honestly, he wins sometimes just b/c of luck of the draw (so to speak).

It's fun!