DYD 2022 | Holiday Gifts

Discussion in 'Document Your December 2022' started by tkradtke, Nov 10, 2022.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Hi everyone!!

What's one of the best parts of the holidays? Giving gifts, of course, and personalized, homemade gifts are especially fun to give!! As digiscrappers we have lots of fun options for making personalized gifts and the best part... the fully digital projects can make gifts for lots of people with only doing the work once!

1. Photo books

Ok... this may seem obvious but these make great presents. They can be as complicated or as simple as you would like, but people love receiving these! I'm currently working on one for my parents of a trip we took together to New Hampshire last month.

tlpNH00_00.jpg tlpNH01_01.jpg

I'm going super simple with the quick turnaround. The cover has a cutout by Scrapping with Liz and the templates were made by using the Pocket Template Maker Actions by Mommyish.

Gift photo books could be of anything... a recap of the year, a trip taken, time spent together, heritage photos, the options are endless!

2. Calendars

These make great gifts for family! I used to make these every year. Paislee Press has her 2023 Calendar templates in the store and they are super easy and quick to put together.

Desk Calendar Monday Start | Sunday Start
    Poster Calendar Monday Start | Sunday Start

When I used to make the desk calendars I bought a pack of magnetic 4x6 photo holders so the grandparents could stick them on their fridges. Standing frames are also an option.

Or you can follow Polly Monica's (@umyesh) wall calendar idea. She picked some of her favorite 12x12 layouts to make a calendar she printed through Shutterfly...

ScrapPageCalendarShutterfly.JPG

Such a quick way to get this done in time to gift for Christmas! You can also make layouts specifically for this project as well.

Another type of calendar that Monica makes that would be great for gift giving are her desk calendars...

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 12.55.54 PM.png

From Monica:
    I like to make my own calendar cards for a wood block desktop calendar. (Persnickety Prints offers one if you don’t want to make your own wood block: https://www.persnicketyprints.com/products/wood-desktop-calendar/)

To make my cards I used these calendar templates from Designed by Soco:
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Calendar-2022.html
    I decided to go minimal and filled the top of each template with Kim Jensen’s Brushed Kraft {Colorful} papers, choosing a color to coordinate with each month.
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Brushed-Kraft-Colorful.html

I printed the cards as 5x7 flat cards from Shutterfly (they have an “upload your own design” option) with one month on each side, so I only had to order six cards. I have a wood block with a slit that holds them. I like to give them to my kids for their desks in their rooms and my husband for his desk at work. I also use one on our entry table in our home. They make a great quick gift for anyone and can be personalized with any papers in your digi stash.

3. Journals/notebooks

Look at this gorgeous notebook that Guest Polly Robin (@mocamom) made...

qS5QoKH.jpg

She made a layout with photos and products by Just Jaimee and printed the notebook through Shutterfly. I can think of so many people who love to receive this as a gift!

And for those who like to do hybrid... take a look at this beautiful journal made by Polly @Karen...

[​IMG]

4. Mugs

When I first thought about mugs as gifts, I was thinking about the Design Your Own option through companies like Shutterfly, but check out these mugs made by Polly Jan (@IntenseMagic)...

[​IMG]

Here's what she had to say about how she made them, "I cut out the word art in vinyl as a stencil, used a sharpie and baked it."

How fun is that? Think of all of the other fun things you could make with that method!

This post just touches on a few of the MANY options for digiscrap based gift giving... what gifts have you made using TLP products in the past? Any gifts you're working on now?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I make calendars every year for our home and for my daughter's home. Next year's theme is Molly! So surprises there, right! I usually use a layout that I've made for the topper and them coordinate the bottom to match. Then I upload to Printique (formerly AdoramaPix) and print as an 8x8 calendar. Here's next November's top and bottom.
    top -
    [​IMG]
    bottom -
    web_2022NovemberCalendarBottom.jpg

umyesh likes this.
  3. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I want to do a calendar for family, but my BIL already does one. It's a great idea.

4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love all these gift ideas! I still need to make calendars for next year so I’d better get to work!

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

What a pretty calendar!

djp332 likes this.
  6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Absolutely adorable, Donna!! A year of Molly is the perfect theme... she is so cute!

djp332 likes this.