Downloading on Windows 8

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by kelley, Feb 19, 2013.

1. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Okay, for those of you who have windows 8, how do you change what folder you download to? when downloading kits, it pops up a bar at the bottom to download, but doesn't give me an option to choose where. On my pc, I was able to download to my scrapbooking folders, and this is such a pain in the butt now! I have to go into 7zip and extract and then browse to choose the folder to extract to. It is taking me a lot more time. So anyway, anybody know how to do that?

2. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

Isn't Windows 8 funky? I've been using it about a week and a half and I'm still figuring it out.

I have no idea how to change where it downloads. I have always just downloaded to my downloads folder. I have UnZipThemAll and once I set it to unzip from my Downloads folder, it just knows that's where I want to unzip from every time and I just have to hit start. I organize once I've unzipped and tuck stuff into the right folder. The only thing that annoys me is navigating to my download folder. I miss my start menu.

3. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Yeah, it is very weird not having the start menu - just will take a bit of getting used to I guess! Maybe everyone else downloads to their download folder, it is definitely possible! I don't know why, I have just always liked downloading right to the folder I want to store it in!

4. LeslieM

LeslieM Member

I downloaded a program onto my husbands windows 8 laptop that brought back some of the "look" of Windows 7. He's not here right now so I can't check the name of it, but a quick google search shows there are several. I wanted that Start menu back soooooooo badly! :) Leslie

5. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Where your downloads go is actually up to your internet browser. In Firefox you go to options, options, and general. Then you change your folder.