Digi Appreciation | Pad Patter 22.3

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Mar 22, 2019.

1. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I love that all my stuff lives on my laptop. I love that if I want to have 2 of the same page or even 2 of the same album, that I can just print 2. Or more. I love the undo button. I love that I never run out of E's.

Ferdy likes this.
  2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I was totally a paper scrapper. And I would scrap in the living room on the coffee table and all my stuff would just magically spread out on the floor in about a five foot diameter around me. It really was horrible. And one time my sister was over and dropped a container of mini buttons on the floor. They were every where. Yeah and hubby hated the mess too! Good times, lol

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm permanently a digital scrapper because it's more economical. Not just in cost of materials, but also in the amount of space it takes up!

My favorite thing is how it's almost magical how easily we can adjust things to our liking -- changing colors, aligning things so easily, extracting, duplicating, etc etc etc!

4. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

So funny! I was a paper scrapper for years, but then we moved house - had to pack everything away for a year and in that year I became addicted to digi. Then when we got into our nice clean new house I couldn't bear the thought of mess everywhere again...

My supplies have come in handy for costumes, party decorations and school projects.

I do miss getting down and dirty with glue and I will admit to wandering past the new paper sections of craft stores...
    I do not miss permanently inked fingers (I inked the edges of everything!!)

bestcee and Karen like this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I can not cut photos. It freaks me so bad. Fear of Messing up. I went to a stampin up party and hyperventilated.
    Digi I can make what is in my head.

Karen likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh this made me laugh! :giggle Is it wrong that I really just wanted to check out all the cool stuff you have sprawled all over your table? :giggle I absolutely love digi for so many reasons... I'm SO much better and making a nice page on my computer, I love that I can save and undo and try options before I commit to the final page, spell check and the ability to edit my journaling to make sure it fits, auto-align so things are just so and the ability to save and come back later to finish up a page is probably my favorite thing.

BUT... I have recently been really enjoying mixing some hybrid back into my life. I don't love the mess and clutter everywhere, but that's what my craft room is for... close the door and the mess is hidden. :giggle

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This! The first retreat I went to after I switched to digi I was shocked. I had my laptop bag and purse and that was it. All my snacks and water fit inside. No suitcase, no multiple trips, no special bag, no premade page kits.

I didn't have an extra monitor - but that is brilliant!

bonnenuit likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My number one reason: photos. I want to scrap with the photos I want to, when I want to. I don't want to store a bunch of printed photos hoping I'll want to scrap those in a 4x6 size. I want to make them big or small without reprinting. And I don't want a photo printer! Been there, hated that.

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I can complete a layout in under 30 minutes, when I paper scrapped it was a minimum of three hours.
    I can use the photos that inpsire me, rather than print 100 at a time and then forget the plans I had for them.
    I love the ability to resize, recolor, ctl-z anything and everything.
    No mess no fuss.
    And handwriting fonts I adore and use every time over my very own handwriting that never lives up to expectation.
    Digi girl all the way!

10. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I love my large second monitor. When I scrap on it, I'm looking at close to a 10x10 page on my screen without magnification. Much easier to gauge what a 12x12 page will look like in real life.

I was helping someone this weekend new to digital who was doing her journaling in a 22 pt font. That doesn't look big on a small laptop screen, but I had to tell her that it would be huge when printed.

11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I so resemble that mess! It's also the main reason I'm not paper scrapping anymore. But the cards look amazing!

You should see me when I sew...

12. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I was recently reminded of another reason I love Digi. I was reading a thread on a paper scrapping board and it was talking about products you regret using and people chiming in about metal products and flair that had rusted over the years and how adhesives used had not stood up to the test of time or bulky products denting pages etc... after years of being stored. Some of my first paper scrapbooks have the same problems. That’s another reason I love Digi. I love using all those bulky products and I never have to worry about something not being archival quality or my adhesive dissolving after years and my pages messing up.