December BYOC Challenge

Discussion in 'December 2022 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Dec 2, 2022.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

BYOC (Build Your Own Collection) has been a long tradition at The Lilypad and a highlight of each month’s new releases. The designers come together to create a collection of digital products that you can use in your memory keeping, art journaling, hybrid scrapbooking and paper crafting projects. The designers use same color palette so that no matter what elements or papers you choose, from any designer, everything in that month’s BYOC will coordinate! It is such a wonderful way to mix and match digital designs and curate a collection that you love - it is something that I look forward to every month!

There have been so many gorgeous, creative, and inspiring design collections from our designers, and we are finishing off 2022 with a huge celebration for all of these past collections…10 years and counting! Take a trip down memory lane and revisit all of the wonderful color palettes and themes created over the years - or discover them for the first time! To celebrate these collections, The Lilypad has them ALL - EVERY BYOC COLLECTION SINCE JANUARY 2012! - on sale right now! And every past BYOC collection is on sale for 20% off and is eligible for Buy More, Save More savings!

I loved browsing through all of the precious BYOC collections and seeing how incredibly timeless they are, and seeing they are are still perfect for so many of my current photos and memory keeping layouts. I was so inspired that I went a bit crazy creating a bunch of new layouts just for this BYOC extravaganza! Here are some of the layouts I created from a few of the BYOC collections over the years:

Created with the December 2015 BYOC: (the dog layout was created with 3+ designers for the byoc challenge)
    dec2015byocweb.jpg

Created with the November 2019 BYOC:
    nov2019byocweb.jpg

Created with the March 2020 BYOC: (the i like big buds/single dahlia layout was created with 3+ designers for the byoc challenge)
    mar2020byocweb.jpg

Created with the May 2020 BYOC: (the middle concert layout was created with 3+ designers for the byoc challenge)
    may2020byocweb.jpg

Created with the Jan 2021 BYOC: (this layout was created with 3+ designers for the byoc challenge)
    soreadyweb.jpg

Created with the March 2022 BYOC:
    todaytheheartlistensweb.jpg

You can see some of the pages the Polly’s created for this BYOC celebration in the Polly Peek’s thread here.

Be sure to visit all of the past BYOC collections here and i hope you enjoy revisiting and discovering these collections as much as I did. Happy creating!

Remember, for the BYOC challenge
    : Your page must contain at least 90% Current (in the store now) BYOC product from at least 3 designers. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the December Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad. The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    umyesh likes this.
  2. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

So just want to make sure I understand. We can use ANY previous BYOC products, so long as they are still in the store for this challenge? We can mix and match from different BYOC years and months to choose the 3 products we are using?

lcpereyra likes this.
  3. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

@lcpereyra - Love your sample layouts. I have the same question as familyhistoryscrapper: Can we mix months and years as long as it is three different designers?

lcpereyra likes this.
  4. lcpereyra

Yes. Since we are celebrating all of the BYOC collections through the years, you can mix and match collections - just use at least 3 different designer's byoc offerings.

5. lcpereyra

Yes. Since we are celebrating all of the BYOC collections through the years, you can mix and match collections - just use at least 3 different designer's byoc offerings.

6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I used 100% past BYOC products from Kim Jensen, Gina Miller, and ForeverJoy:
    [​IMG]
    City Streets Elements & Papers (Oct 2014 BYOC) | Kim Jensen
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/City-Streets-Elements.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/City-Streets-Papers.html
    Debossed Alphas (Sept 2021 BYOC) | Kim Jensen
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Debossed-Alphas.html
    Emerge Template Duo (March 2021 BYOC) | Gina Miller
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Emerge-Template-Duo.html
    My Nest Is Best Paper Pack (March 2021 BYOC) | ForeverJoy Designs
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/MY-NEST-IS-BEST-PAPER-PACK.html

7. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

8. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

from the Dec 2016 BYOC
    [​IMG]

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I've used items from 4 different BYOC collections, and 4 different designers.
    [​IMG]

10. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

[​IMG]
    I used: BYOC June 2013- One Little Bird's Click- papers
    BYOC August 2022- Paula Kesselring's Stamped Alpha- alpha (title)
    BYOC September 2022- Rachel Jefferies-Angels Among Us- papers and elements;
    and BYOC September 2022- Soco- Simply Clean no. 13- template

11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I used BYOC 21 11 products from 6 designers.
    [​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  12. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

I used Bella Gypsy: A Place for Everything. Kim Jensen: Emily Kit: NBK: Art Crush 57. Allison Pennington: Nestled Up Kit. Lynn Marie: Medic Kit.
    Everything and the kitchen sink page.
    making peace.jpg

13. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I used products from Lynn Grieveson, Kim Jensen and Scrapping with Liz. Full credits in the gallery.

[​IMG]

14. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

15. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

This was so much fun, I used 4 different designers, and credits are in the gallery
    [​IMG]

16. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

This was fun to go through and play with my stash!!! :) thank you

[​IMG]

17. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

DECEMBER 2015 BYOC - Allison Pennington, Sarah Gleason & One Little Bird :)
    [​IMG]

18. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

thank you for thr challenge - credits given in the gallery

[​IMG]

19. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I used NBK (Aug 2022), Lynn Grieveson (Nov 2022) and Michele Lincoln (Nov 2022)
    [​IMG]

20. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

I redid, not time of year for a depression layout

[​IMG]