dancingJaye's MOC5 Layouts

Discussion in 'Layouts' started by dancingJaye, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancingJaye

dancingJaye Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. dancingJaye

My Day #5 ATC....hope it's ok if I do these out of order...I'm a kind of "scrap where the inspiration takes you" kinda gal.

My Day #5 ATC- Used Just Jaimee CUMistyBrushes-2, and AugustBrushFreebie for my paint and a morguefile photo for my river. Fonts: Beatrix Antiqua and Margueritas.

Like me, my 10 year old is really struggling with anxiety. We are trying different methods of dealing with it, and this quote has become particularly effective for both of us as we learn to keep living a happy life in spite of anxiety, so I chose it for my ATC, and as a nice side benefit, I am printing this for her to carry with her.

3. dancingJaye

4. dancingJaye

5. dancingJaye

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  6. dancingJaye

7. dancingJaye

MOC5 Day #8
    Ok, my brain worked a little weird on this one. I had something on my mind, and decided to try and make it work with the challenge. It's kind of abstract, so I don't know if it really worked (please give me credit for the challenge, I'm working really hard, LOL).

I'll try and pick out the five things....
    1. Forgiveness is hard
    2. If you don't learn to do it, it's like carrying around a backpack of rocks.
    3. Our Heavenly Father forgives us frankly and we have to figure out how to do the same.
    4. Forgiveness is essential for a healed heart.
    5. Forgiveness brings peace.

It's pretty minimal, but I used a couple of papers from Bella Gypsy's Good Day, and Just Jaimee's CU Misty Brushes. Auburn and Brush Script Demo fonts. Photo from Morguefile.

8. dancingJaye

MOC5 Day #10
    I liked the photo treatment on my Day #8 and decided it might help this sad little photo taken in a dark school hallway during the Halloween Parade as the kids raced past. I'm kinda loving the minimalistic style...it's new for me. I used Papers from New Leaf, Forever Joy's Jan BYOC, and elements (paint, foil overlays) from Dawn Inskip's Jan BYOC Magical Creatures Artsy Magicals. Fonts were Phantom of the Opera and American Typerwriter.

9. dancingJaye

10. dancingJaye

Day #11 Challenge-photo taken on or after January 11.

I was totally inspired by mirjam's magazine spread layouts, that I wanted to try it on this one. I also LOVED the drop caps challenge and wanted to splay some more with that. Font is Avenir Next Condensed.
    I used Bella Gypsy's Everything Nice. I was playing with papers solid2 and solid5...I really loved the solid5, but the gold gradient on the journaling wasn't showing up very well in parts, so I put the solid2 over the top and started messing with the blending modes. When I got this, I thought, "Ok, that works...the green is kinda Christmasy." I used solid2 at 80% blending mode Luminosity over the solid5.

11. dancingJaye

12. dancingJaye

This was so hard!...
    Here are my inspirations:
    1. tennis shoes sketch-turned the photo into a sketch
    2. inspired by the black and red colors on the right side, teal on the left.
    3. Frames
    4. Went searching for coffee fonts and found DJB Coffee Shoppe Buzzed
    5. Typewriter keys

I used Mommyish's Cross My Heart, and a couple of Dawn Inskip's elements from the Jan BYOC Magical Creatures. DJB Coffee Shoppe Buzzed and Type Keys Filled.

13. dancingJaye

Challenge #13...Journaling one word-explore.

Inspired by mirjam's layout done for Challenge #3.
    I used Forever Joy's Rise & Shine, and Goal Digger kits.
    Fonts are Brush Script Demo, Futura, and Avenir Next Condensed.
    Photos are from morguefile and the lds.org Media Library

14. dancingJaye

15. dancingJaye

16. dancingJaye

Challenge #17...so much fun inspiration to find! My main inspiration was the blank book, which reminded me of my bullet journal. I also loved the vintage look, the color and the wood. Oh, and the typewritter keys :)

I used the Grace collab by Lynne-Marie and Sara Gleason and New Leaf from Forever Joy's Jan BYOC, fonts were Type Keys Filled, and destain, and I used Mommyish's free styles that were posted in an earlier challenge underneath the Type Keys font.

17. dancingJaye

18. dancingJaye

19. dancingJaye

20. dancingJaye

Day #21 Song Lyric Challenge
    I used Kristin Aagard's Winter Woodland kit, Fonts Avi Utan and American Typewriter

The lyrics, "she told me, a bit of madness is key to give us new colors to see," I love because after 25 years of doing the same thing over and over, having the freedom to change things up (which my husband doesn't understand, he CRAVES repetition) gives me fresh perspective and "gives me new colors to see." The quiet "me" time to do whatever I want without little (and big) voices all asking for things, or all talking to me at once, is so rejuvenating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.