Creative Team advice

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by abandy, Aug 20, 2012.

1. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

What a great thread!! If you are looking to be on a creative team, I think it's wonderful to be proactive to see what designers are looking for.

I would say my #1 advice would be to scrap with your favorite designers product. This is huge for getting a designer to notice you. Or at least, that's what gets me to notice people... nothing makes me more giddy than seeing layouts using my designs!!

"Do you ever have people contact you asking to be on your team?" YES!! Absolutely. I personally LOVE when people send me emails. Sometimes it happens to be great timing when one CT member needs a break or something, and a spot opens up! I always tend to keep files of people that were interested. (Just include: links to your galleries, and sample layouts using that designers product)

Be active! Comment on your favorite designers Facebook, or be active in the forums, or perhaps share a few of there products... or my personal fav... just email them to let them know you really like their designs! I think every designer needs a pick me up email every once in awhile. (I know, I personally treasure these, and go around for days with a cheesy grin on my face)

Good luck!

2. Ultracoolmama

Ultracoolmama New Member

What a great thread!! I LOVE it!!
    I too have been turned down a few times.... that's tough but don't stop trying. In the mean time, if you have found a site that you really love and would wanna call it 'home' for you.. (you'll know it just like that) stay active, participate in the challenges/ games and you'll get noticed!
    The free products are really cool but if you don't like them or can't scrap with them / doesn't inspire you in any way ... What's the point? So picking a designer that you absolutely adore is real a must... well for me at least!
    Good Luck!!

3. abandy

abandy abandy

Such amazing advice, ladies! Thanks so much for sharing!

Does anyone have any amazing new friendships that have come out of being on a CT together?